The Oarers of the Past Part 5

Well, I haven't been getting a ton of votes or comments or anything, but that's fine. Atleast SOMEONE has actually read my story. :)

Anywhooo...I spazzed when I saw that this story was #854 on the What's Hot List. And then I refreshed. And I was #851!! That seriously made my day! Also, I'm probably going to write more today, because I don't have any tests/quizzes/ etc, tomorrow.

And now, on with the story. :DD

************

We were in the cafeteria when I decided to talk to Brian.

I was sitting by myself, perfect to avoid the searching glances of the humans. Maybe I was a princess Oarer, but sitting alone, surrounded by so many energetic, talkative humans, something felt wrong inside of me. I itched to talk to them, maybe even to be one of them. Shaking my head, I tried to shrug off my odd thoughts and focus on my mission.

I had to find the One.

But to find the One, I had to find someone I could trust the secrets of my kind with. I was hoping that that person would be Brian, but I couldn't even be completely sure about that...what if he was untrustworthy? I had to test him, slowly, and see whether he was worthy of playing such an important role in the continuation of his world.

I would talk to this mortal. I would talk to him, today. At least, I hoped I would.

Craning my neck to see farther, I began to scope out the entire cafeteria for the scrawny, yet confident boy with those comforting chocolate eyes. I searched and searched, even used some Magic to completely stop time, freeze everyone, and walk around the cafeteria a bit.

I noticed one girl, one strange little girl, who compelled me almost as much as Brian had. She had froze, her slice of pizza still resting in her hand, raised up to her mouth as If she was just about to take a bite. I noticed the strangest thing about her: her oddly shaped eyes. They were curved at the edges, curved in such a perfect semi circle that she looked like someone straight out of an anime drawing. I couldn't help but stare at those perfect eyes, but then I noticed the color, which only made me stare even more.

Her eyes were the exact same color as Brian's.

A sudden curiosity took over me, and I reached for the girl's book bag. It was white, and appeared to be stuffed with a variety of books, judging from the outside look of it. I split the zipper in two, and found that there were no textbooks in it, but rather, simply one composition book and some pencils at the bottom.

I grabbed at the bottom with such fierce determination, that I could have torn it into pieces if I wasn't careful enough. This girl, this girl! How could she have the same eyes as Brian? They were mirror images straight down to the creases inside of the color.

After rummaging through the junk at the bottom of her bag for quite some time (pardon me, time had frozen, actually), I finally found something useful. Her school ID card.

Her name was Elle Conner.

Her name, was Elle CONNER.

She was Brian's sister.

This compelled me even more, and I began to doubt some ancient prophecies. Shaking it off, I ignored the prophecies. Sure, they always came true, but for me? I doubt it. Half of the prophecies were just things that old English scholars made up because they were bored.

But the one that stood out the most, the one that had a slight chance of being MY prophecy, the one that this girl, Elle, might have just proved right without ever knowing it, was the one that dealt with the end of the world.

The end of me.

The end of time, itself.

I shuddered as I put all of her things back in place, and twisted my fingers, unfreezing everyone for the present day.

I just hoped that the time I had just restored would continue to last until I figured this out.

***********

PLEASE COMMENT/VOTE/ BECOME A FAN!

If you comment, I'll be able to check out your stories too, and actually talk to u. :)

thanks so much! :D