Oarers from the Past Part 9

I hate to put this at the beginning..but this is a really fast-paced chapter, with a lot of action (kind of). It explains a lot of things, but will definitely confuse you if you skim through it. So read it slowly, and this isn't finalized, so if you decide that you'd rather the story go in another way, tell me in a comment, because I MAY take this part off, if you guys don't like it, or are too confused.

***

Silence rang through the air, cut up from my ragged breathing, which enveloped me in a blanket of fear. Not fear, even. Wonder. Because, why, why would sweet little Elle, even try to hurt me? After what I'd done for her, it simply didn't seem possible, let alone understandable.

So I stood, all wonder and no fear, thinking bout whether I should use magic. Was someone at the door, watching me, hearing my ever motion? Would someone notice when I magically disappeared? The questions kept me silent, kept me sane.

The janitor. He would open this closet door soon, but how soon? When? I mustered all my strength, relaxing myself, and calming down. My breathing slowed, becoming only a faint. All was very quiet, for a moment.

Then I heard the breathing, the raspy croak of someone behind me, and I was suddenly unable to see even the sliver of light creeping through from underneath the door. An object off of a rack jabbed my side and I realized that I was being forced against the side.

I was not alone in here.

I attempted to turn around, spinning my waist, and catching a quick glimpse of dark blue eyes, orbs raging with anger. Those eyes, I had seen them before! Before, much before I had come here, to this school, much, much before...

I remembered it like yesterday. But alas, no was not the time or place to remember! The danger was here, dwelling beside me, and I couldn't afford to get lost in my murky past. Remembrances, thoughts, they had to wait. Mentally pinching myself, I woke up from my daydream.

"Missed me?"

I remembered that voice. I remembered every sound that voice had ever made. I remembered that voice, because it was the voice that had scrambled up my feelings, the voice that had whispered sweet nothings in my ear, the voice that had yelled out to me before I left. This was the voice that had made me feel human, when I was nothing of the sort. This was the voice that I had once, a long time ago, fallen in love with.

This was the voice that I had to give up for his own good.

And now he had come back for me.

***

Outside the school, in a more peaceful world, entirely different, Brian sat on a park bench, near the school, his sister beside him. Falling leaves fluttered onto their dark hair and trees shadowed them from the fiery sun. In all of the silence, Elle sighed, a wisp of self torment had wrapped around her neck, strangling her with every moment. She had done evil. She had been selfish. She had only looked out for herself, giving in when the threatening boy had warned her that she must leave Ronnie alone in the closet.

Brian wondered what she had done. He asked. She remained silent. And so they sat.

Then the scream tore through the air, a horrible scream, because it was neither Ronnie's nor Elle's, but an odd combination of both of their pain. For in the shadowy closet, a knife had slit skin, and a liquid much like blood was trickling down. The boy behind Ronnie fell at the mere sight of it, from shock from what he had done with failed love's agony, and because he had never seen something so otherworldly, so beautiful, falling in the place of blood. It was Ore, the very power of the Oarers, and it was slipping away, slopping onto the floor.

The unthinkable, the unexplainable had happened.

As Ronnie screamed, her voice a haunting shriek, Elle did too. For neither knew it yet, but their very feelings, pain and happiness, love and hate, were shared. A long, lost connection between the Oarers had been bonded when Ronnie had saved Elle, and now they were linked, for the time being, at least. Until the debt would be repaid.

The magic was unstoppable, for while no cut had erupted on Elle's arm, she felt the pain, somewhere in the corners of her mind, not experiencing actual pain, because it was all in her head, but it seemed so three dimensionally real, thrusting her into the very mind of Ronnie, as magical karma for leaving her locked inside. Now ELLE was inside, mentally.

She turned, and she saw the boy too.

With a lunge of both Ronnie and Elle, he was on the floor, still unsure of what he saw.

***

When Elle awoke, she didn't remember anything. She didn't remember helping Ronnie punch her long lost boyfriend, who had came to plead for her to go back to California with him, armed with a knife. She didn't even remember Ronnie helping her in the hallway.

She didn't remember the complicated chain events that had led up to her being with Ronnie, being INSIDE Ronnie, in a way that only Oarers can, in a way that required intensive magical training before being perfected.

She didn't remember that at all, but a lot of other memories, from back when Oarers roamed freely, thousands of years ago, had started flooding back.

Elle had finally remembered who she was before, but forgotten who she had become. Before she knew it, her arms were around Brian, strangling him for failed promises, for causing her to lose her love, and for losing everything.

She had at last remembered that Brian was an Oarer, and that she was one too.

*******

so?

I ESPECIALLY need feedback on this part, considering how it's not finalized yet. I want to know if you guys liked it, so vote/ comment!

Tell me what you thought about it!! :DD I love reading all your comments! And I tried making this part longer (I suck at doing that), so that's why there's so much..plot. But the next part will be more..explanatory. :)

VOTE! COMMENT! RIGHT. NOW. :)