He Loves You

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Abrelle's POV 

"I don't think there will any improvements in his health today," the doctor frowns. "He's stable and with time we are hoping to begin to see good results take place." 

"Okay," I nod. "I can stay the night here, right?" 

"Yes," he nods.

"Go home," Jason says. "You have Natalia to look after and you've been here all day. I can spend the night with Lisa and call you if anything changes." 

"No," I shake my head. "What if he wakes up and I'm not here?"

"Abrelle," Lisa grabs my arm. "Can we talk?" 

"What?" I ask confused by the change of topic. 

"Thank you, Doctor," Lisa says and the doctor nods before walking away. "Let's talk about something and then you decide whether you'd like to spend the night or not." 

"Lisa," I say. "I'm not in the mood for any-"

"Please," she says and I nod. 

"Okay," I exhale. 

"When your trial happened," she says. "I was so upset about the fact that we had been friends for years and you had lied. You had lied about everything."

"Lisa," I start talking, but she cuts me off. 

"Hear me out," she says and I nod reluctantly.

"The one person who knew everything about me wasn't who I thought she was," she continues. "I would've taken a bullet for you Abrelle, you were my best friend. So when I found out that everything had been fake, my first thought was that our friendship was just a way to cover up who you were to everyone else. That you had never seen me as a friend." 

What? 

"That was never the case," I say. "You were my friend." 

"I know that now," she nods. "When we heard your trial was happening, I couldn't go. I had to be there, you know? At first, I told myself that I was only going for Noah. This was his big break. So when you were convicted I was dumb and rageful so I didn't reach out to you. . .I was selfish and I wasn't thinking about the fact that you needed your friend. Noah kept telling me that you'd always ask for us and I never stopped to think about how hard lying about everything must have been for you."

I look down at my hands trying my best to not be upset. 

But it's hard, I remember asking for her and Jason. 

Noah would always make excuses as to why they couldn't come to see me, but I knew they were angry. 

"You had every right to be upset," I look up at her. "I'm so sorry that I lied about everything." 

"Don't be," she shakes her head. "You did what you had to in a difficult situation. Noah said we had to look at it like lawyers, I never understood what he meant. How our feelings of anger were clouding our judgment." 

"We would've been considered accomplices," Jason says. "You didn't tell us because the less we knew, the less guilty we were." 

I nod feeling tears form in the corner of my eyes. 

Damn it Abrelle, don't cry. 

"We are so sorry Abrelle," Lisa says. "For leaving. For being horrible friends. For not taking the time to understand why you did what you did."