Chapter Nine

Blythe's POV:

"I said maybe I fell in love, when you woke me up." Ed Sheeran's sultry voice echoes off of Harry's iHome dock in the living room. Honestly, thist song is the epitome of Harry and I. Who knew I could fall in love with someone so fast? I catch myself smiling as I stand in Harry's 'Ramones' tee in his stainless steel kitchen. Harry texted me about an hour ago saying he'd be home in about another hour so I decided to make him lunch since he made me breakfast. 

Stirring the big pot of spaghetti and homemade meatballs, I hear the door creak open to reveal 5 boys. "Food!" the cute blonde one comes running toward the kitchen. "Thanks love" he plants a quick kiss on my cheek and grabs a stack of plates from the cuboard. "Mmm I'm starving" Harry stalks toward me and pulls me into an ever so amazing kiss. He brings his lips up to my ears and whispers quietly "I need to talk to you later, alone" he pulls away, no trace of a smile on his lips though. Is something wrong? Tucking my lip behind my top row of teeth I turn and grab a plate, handing it to him and stalking towards the table with mine. "B this is delicious" Louis slurps a couple strands between his lips making me giggle. Harry sits down next to me and puts his free hand on my knee giving it a tight squeeze. Oh playful Styles is back. We all engulf ourselves in our food, not really exchanging words but then Niall breaks the silence. "I can't wait to go leave for tour" he smiles and takes a big bite of meatball. "Tour?" I cock my head to the side, giving Harry a questioning look. Zayn speaks up, "Ya world tour, leaving tomorrow. Going to be rad!" I drop my fork and it clinks against the wooden floors. "Tomorrow?!" I'm almost yelling. "Good going Zayn, thanks" Harry sets down his silverware and turns to face me. "Sorry" Zayn mumbles and looks down at the floor. "B can we talk in private" Harry holds both of my hands in his and I start to tremble a bit. I can't even speak, I'm just nodding as he stands with me and we walk into his bedroom. 

Harry's POV: 

Dammit Zayn! Blythe sits down on my bed and criss crosses her legs as she looks up at me with her big green puppy dog eyes. "How long?" she mumbles and I see her biting her lips furiously. "One year" i fight the words with everything in me. She burries her face in her hands and I hear her sobbing. "Blythe please don't cry, you can come with me" sitting next to her I pull her into my arms and she burries her head in my next, arms drapped around me. "Harry I can't, I have a life here" she sobs harder and harder and I feel the tears pooling in my very own eyes. "Shh shh baby, don't cry" I coo rocking her in my arms as she cries, silver drops of tears streaming down my very own cheeks. "I love you Blythe" I squeeze her tighter and she sits up and then stands, looking down at me. "Harry, I love you too but I can't do this." she leans down and presses her sweet peppermint lips to mine before pulling away, grabbing her things off my floor, and leaving, shutting the door behind her. 

Liam's POV:

We all sit awkwardly awaiting something to happen. Just as we're all standing to clear the table, Blythe walks out, her cheeks stained with tears and her eyes puffy as she fumbles with her belongings. "Bye guys, good luck on tour. Keep in touch okay?" she fights for a smile and then rushes to the door and leaves. "Oh boy" I sigh and quickly Harry appears in the doorway, tears visible on his face. He comes over to where we're all sitting, slumping into an empty seat as he shoves his head into his hands, sobs escaping him. "Harry mate don't cry" Louis comforts him, rubbing a smooth hand over Harry's white tee. "I lost her" Harry sobs and runs back into his room, locking the door quickly behind him.

Blythe's POV:

It feels like forever before I reach my apartment door down the hall. Bursting inside, before me sits my mom and aunt sipping on tea and muching on scones, how British of them. "Honey what's wrong?" my mothers worry is visible in her eyes as she sets down her teacup and rushes over to me, engulfing me in her warm arms. "Harry's leaving tomorrow" I sob between words, almost making my sentence sound like nonsense. "Come sit, tell us what happened" mom holds me close to her and leads me toward the couch where my aunt awaits. My phone buzzes and beeps in my clutch. Slipping it out of my clutch into my hand and wipping away salty tears from my cheeks, bringing it to my ear I try to contain myself.

"Hello" I answer taking a deep breath and excusing myself to my near bedroom. "Blythe did you have a chance to think about my job offer?" Alexa chimes into my ear. "Uh, yes I did and-" I pause and think about the fast approaching response. "I would love to take it, thank you for this opportunity" I can almost her evident smile on the other side. "Great, oh I'm so happy that you've agreed. Oh uh I've got some business to attend to, I'll call later tonight. Bye Blythe!" she disconnects the call and the empty ache in my belly starts to clench and twist.

Slinking back into the main room, the first thing I do is tell my mom and aunt that I've taken the job, they're more than thrilled. Standing here, I wonder if it's the right choice. Should I just go and leave everything behind?