Chapter Six

Blythe's POV:

*Fast forward 5 hours to 12:00pm October 19th*

"Blythe you have a delivery" Ally has a smirk on her face as she sweeps past my desk with a rack of clothes. A delivery, from who? I push down my dress as I stand from my desk and I come out from behind it to go see what it is. My heels click and clack against the polished white marble floors, I've always loved this sound for some reason. I see Paula, the receptionist sitting at her desk typing rapidly on her computer. Next to her sits a bouquet of what seems like 3 dozen red roses, they're so beauitful. She hears me and whips her long black hair around to face me with a contagious white smile and her caramel colored eyes wide. "These just arrived for you" she points to the miraculous display of flowers and I'm taken back a bit. I glide over to them and in the middle of them all sits a little white card with small neat writing. I pull it gently and start to read the words. 

Blythe, Happy 18th Birthday Love. A beauitful girl deserves beauitful flowers. ~Harry xx. 

I almost feel light headed just from reading about 12 words on a little white card. Even though I'm in a state of shock, a smile appears on my face and no matter how hard I try to tuck it away, it refuses to hide. The flowers weigh a ton so I'm unable to carry them back to my desk myself. Ever so politely I ask Jim, the security guard to help me. As I sit back at my desk and continue my work, I glance every few seconds back at the bright red roses, back to that little white card. The beeping of my phone makes me jump, it's Alexa. "Blythe would you please come in here, it's important" she says sweetly but sternly. I rise from my desk and saunter down the hall to her office and ultimately her studio. I peak my head in and see her sitting at her glass desk typing on her Mac Desktop. "Hi Alexa" I carefully shut the door so it doesn't slam. "Blythe, happy birthday" she looks up and smiles. Oh, I didn't think she'd remember. "Thank you" I sit down in a matching glass chair that faces her. "I have a great opportunity for you" her British accent thick. I nod and I'm fully intrigued. "My line in America has taken off and I need someone to help run the company" she starts and I feel a clench in my belly. She continues "I would love to offer you the opportunity to be part of my team" she beams at me. Did she just say what I think she said? This is the chance I've been waiting for! "Wow Alexa thank you so much, what exactly is the proposal?" my smile brilliant. "Well, you would stay in New York City for 5 months, with the exception of making trips to Los Angeles and other places. You would be apart of my American team that handles runway shows, photo shoots, the new store, while doing much more. Your pay would triple and you will have numerous opportunities. My close friend Alexander Petrova will be your boss." she smiles pleadingly. I'm extremely taken back by this, it's so unexpected but so great. "Thank you very much for this opportunity. I will greatly consider it" I stand to leave. "Wait one more thing" she stands and I inspect her, she always looks fabulous. "Here" she walks to one of the many racks of her clothes, and reaches in one full of dresses. "Happy Birthday" she hands me a gorgeous dress that is red, it's stunning. "Thank you" I take it from her and she pulls me into a hug and kisses my left cheek. A whole lot of red has made it's way into my life, red roses and a red dress. I seriously need to talk to my Aunt about this business proposal, I'm not quite sure how she'll feel about it. I sit back at my desk after hanging the dress in the coat closet. The red roses smell lovely, I sigh at their beauty. I sigh at Harry, I miss him. I miss him but I'm so angry with him. I pull out my iPhone and open up a new message.

To: Harry Styles

Thank you very much for the flowers, they're lovely. ~Blythe

 I open up my work and continue, awaiting my arrival home tonight. 

Harry's POV:

My phone buzzes in my trousers as I sit in the studio while Louis and Niall record bits. Text from Blythe Collins. She must have gotten my flowers.