(8) Castle Walls

Castle Walls

Chapter Eight

********************

I am so effing sorry that this took so long to get out. I had A LOT of places to go over the summer and school started so it's been a bit hard to write. Letting you all know that I love you all and wish that you please do not kill me.

********************

“I need you to talk to me, Angel,” Dylan said. Her brothers had gone to Dave’s to see their friends, Avery had gone to run errands and Luke went with her to be dropped off at some birthday party. Dylan and I were alone in her house. It was now, thank god, when she chose to confront me about my sexual orientation. “I know that I heard you say that you were a lesbian. When people are drunk, they usually make up scenarios in their heads or they end up telling the truth to something huge in their life. Trust me, I should know.”

                “What do you mean by that?” I asked.

                Dylan sighed. “One of my ex-boyfriends was drunk and he told me that he cheated on me with this girl named Stacy. Then he told me he was half mouse. Now, spill.”

                Suddenly, I started squirming under her gaze. I never squirmed. I never even blink during horror movies, I just stare during gory scenes while other girls either scream or puke. I wasn’t the type to squirm, unless if it dealt with needles.

                How the hell do I get myself out of this mess?

                The answer; I can’t.

                I sighed. Well, at least I said I was a lesbian. Saying a second time shouldn’t be very hard. “Dylan, I am a….lesbian,” I choke out. Nope. It was still very hard. “I have been for a while now.”

                Dylan gave me a hard stare. “Are you toying with me? I don’t take you for the lesbian type.”

                “They have a lesbian type?” I chuckle a bit. “No, I’m not toying with you. I’ve known since I was twelve. I’ve only ever been attracted to women, never men. I only dated guys to cover up my gayness.” I lowered my head. “My parents wouldn’t approve.”

                She lifted my head with the tips of her fingers. “How do you know if you are a lesbian? You haven’t done anything.”

                I stare at her. “I just said I’ve never been attracted to anyone but girls. I feel disgusted whenever I touch or kiss a guy. I am gay.”

                “But you never really know. Have you ever kissed a girl?

                “No.”

                She smiled softly. “Now, if you kissed a girl, maybe that might change how you see things. I know girls that thought they were lesbians, and then they kissed a few people and saw they were bi, others were lesbian, and some turned out straight. But, we’re teenagers; this is the time to be exploring our options.”

                I cross my arms. “What’s your point?”

                “Simple,” she replied. “Kiss me.”

                “What?”

                She rolled her eyes, and said, “As an experiment, Angel. It’s not like you have to marry me. Plus, I’m not sure if gay marriage is legal in this state.” She shrugged. “Kiss me, and see if you’re a lesbian or not. You’ve kissed plenty of boys, why not a girl?”