(12) Castle Walls

Castle Walls

Chapter Twelve

8888888888888888888

My my, quite a quick update on my part. I actually wrote this last night, but wanted to save it for today. Now, do you think that last chapter was the calm before the storm? I know most of you do. Well, I suppose you'll find out here in this chapter!

The picture on the side is of Naya Rivera and Heather Morris on the hit TV show GLEE. I only just realized how close I made Dylan look to Heather, better known as Brittney S. Peirce on GLEE.

The song is Mad World by Gary Jules. It just seemed like the perfect song for this chapter, and you'll see why. Just listen to it while reading this and you'll understand. I've been wanting to use this song for a while, but now I can.

Thank you for reading. Enjoy.

****************

                It was the Friday after Halloween, which had been on a Wednesday. I hadn’t gone to school the day before, and neither did Cam or Dylan, both staying over at my house. We watched scary movies while drunk, laughing at the movies. I mean, Paranormal Activity movies were never scary, but they were just flat out hilarious while someone was barely even drunk, let alone after stealing some drinks out of my mom’s alcohol stash for when she was home.

                We had all crashed in my living room and I woke to find some strange movie whose name I didn’t remember being played on repeat and the sweet smell of waffles in the air.

                We ended up not going to school, rather staying at my house for most of the day. I had never had this kind of friendship with people. At least, not since before Josie. After her, I didn’t trust anyone. But, here I was, with Dylan and Cam, having a blast.

                I wore a smile as I pulled into the senior parking lot, finding a nice parking space not too far from the school entrance. I walked in, not really looking anywhere. My good mood was just making me delirious. Until I stepped into the hall.

                That’s when I felt the chill run down my spine. Something had changed since Halloween, and I wasn’t sure if I had liked it. I felt my heart rate increase, but I refused to look around, to see what was wrong. Instead, I continued to walk to my locker, biting my lip.

                Why where they whispering like that? I thought. I had heard whispering all the time about me, but I never cared. But, this was different, more personal. I could feel it reaching inside, squeezing my heart with fear and anxiety. What was wrong with everyone?

                I became more and more afraid as I stepped down the hallway, getting closer and closer to my locker, realizing that everyone was crowding around it. And then, as each one saw me, one by one they stepped aside, making room for me to see the green locker as I stepped in front of it, only a few feet away, allowing me to read the spray painted text, reading it up and down.

                FAG

                My eyes went wide. It was my locker. Who would do it? And then, I noticed something shoved into the crack of my locker, still peeking out. I pulled it out of there and unfolded it. On the paper was a picture taken on Halloween. There was me in my Mrs. Lovett costume. And there was Dylan, in her Slender Man costume, her mask off. Our lips locked.