(7) Castle Walls

Castle Walls

Chapter Seven

***************************

The homecoming game halftime show had come and we were on the field, ready to start our dance. Dylan would be on the sidelines, showing us what to do and silently correcting us on our mistakes. One of the girls was still pretty bad on it, but it wasn’t too noticeable.

                Dynamite by Taio Cruz started playing, making us start our dance. I was up front, where the cheerleaders got the most attention. Since I was one of the better ones at dancing, I was up front and dancing away, looking at Dylan for approval on my dancing.

                If I did anything wrong, Dylan made no sign of it, smiling the entire time.

                Soon, the song was over and the routine was done. Dylan congratulated us, smiling and hugging a few of the girls she had come to know. I was one of the ones she hugged.

                “You did great, Angel! Maybe we won’t need you to take lessons from me again.” Dylan looked a little sad after that.

                Through the entire game, we cheered, we yelled, we got the crowd involved. The football team did well as well. They won by a few touchdowns and were very happy, as was the crowd. Tonight, the party would be a congratulations party, booze and all.

                “Are you going to the party?” I asked Dylan as I sat down to grab some water. She shrugged.

                “I need to check in with my mom first, but I will probably be able to go. She doesn’t have to work tonight, so I should be fine.”

                “Where does your mom work at?” I asked.

                “She works as a secretary for the middle school and she also delivers pizzas.” Dylan continued to sift through her bag.

                I nodded, continuing to drink.

                As soon as the show was over, I asked Dylan if she wanted to ride with me to the party. She agreed and we rode there together, arriving twenty minutes later.

                The host of the party was a freak everyone called CJ. CJ was one guy in high school that could get alcohol no problem. That’s why nobody even ever bothered to comment on how he was almost nineteen and still in high school and that he smelled of pot every single day and never showed up to class.

                “Hello ladies,” CJ slurred as we entered his parent’s house, staring at our asses as we passed by. Neither of us was bothered because we knew full and well that he hit on every other girl that moved.

                The music was blasting, plenty of people were already here and everyone was dancing, making the room hot. It was a good thing that I was wearing my cheerleader uniform, which was short and sleeveless, making it decent for a party like this.

                “Hey, you guys made it!” the guy at the keg in the kitchen said as we stepped in. “Want some beer?” I nodded, taking a cup of beer from the guy. Dylan did the same, eyeing the beer like it was toxic.

                 “Relax, it won’t kill you,” I said, not big on beer myself. I just drank it for the buzz it gave me, like everything would be alright.

                Dylan took a sip. Her expression after wasn’t pleased. “This tastes like crap.”

                Smiling, I replied, “I know. But it gives you a great buzz.” With that, I took a gulp of my beer and got lost in the music.