Lovely Sins- Chapter 18

So some of the chapter numbers have changed. I screwed them up bc I'm stupid. They're fixed now though. :)

Bennet pulled a piece of paper out his bag and flattened it on the table.
"Here is the mapout of the boat." He waited for me to look it over and pulled it back towards him.

"So, there will be some minor security around the outside of the boat, which I will take care of. The bulk of security will be inside. You'll have to deal with that on your own, because I don't plan on going in."
I nodded to let him know I was listening.
"That shouldn't be too difficult, I've snuck into the palace before."

Bennet looked at me, "This is different (y/n), the guards at the palace are more hesitant towards violence but if anyone on that ship sees you, they will not hesitate to end your life."

"I'm sure I'll be fine." I muttered. I was getting really annoyed that he doubted my skill. Sure I hadn't practiced my thieving in a while but it's not something you forget how to do.

"Regardless, you need to pay close attention to the plan and stick to it once you get in there." Bennet said, frowning.

Bennet told me how to get in and where to exit. He said he would be waiting there for me and then I could give him the stolen good and he would pay me.

"There is another way to exit, that you can use if you get spotted or something." towards the back of the ship is a trash chute where garbage is dumped if you go out that you will be in the ocean so you'll 'ave to be able to swim."

I nodded
"I can swim that wouldn't be a problem."

Bennet nodded. Alright. When the time comes meet me where I told you to and we'll begin.

~time skip~

It was time to go. I had been waiting for Bennet for a while now and he wasn't there yet. Maybe he bailed?

I heard footsteps coming towards the corner quickly, and panting.
Bennet burst out and stumbled into me.

"Oh, sorry there love, I was running a little late."
He paused
"Literally. I was running, and I was late, so I was running late. Ain't that funny?"

I chuckled weakly.
"Oh yes, very. Now, should we get to it? You get to the meeting place and I'll get started"

Bennet nodded and slinked away.

I was very excited to get in there.
I walked over to the docks and spotted the boat. It was gigantic.

Now I couldn't just stroll right onto the deck so I was going to have to do a bit of climbing. I looked around to make sure no one was watching and I crept up to the side of the ship, I then used the divers in the wood to house myself up and into an open window on the side. Luckily there was no one in the room I ended up in. I was in the front of the ship and the crystal was in the middle somewhere. It wouldn't be hard to find because there would be a few people lurking around the door to keep watch. I didn't intend to fight anyone so I had a plan to get them out of my way. I opened the door and peeled out into a hallway.

"You're joking."
I whispered.

The room directly across from me had a man sitting outside sleeping. How cliche can you be? I swore if I opened that door and the Ubi Crystal was in there I was going to flips What would the odds be that I ended up in the room right next to it?

I opened the door, and flipped.

You have GOT to be kidding.
I thought to myself.

It was in a box labeled Ubi Crystal. How stupid can they be. You know, it's probably fake. A trap maybe. I began to pry open the box to check. It soon popped off and I peeked inside.
Oh my god. That was it. I mean it had to be. It looked like a diamond but it looked like there were iridescent wisps flowing within it. I picked it up and gasped. I felt a pull. Was this it's effect? It literally pulls you to what you desire? I stood there for a while starstruck and then snapped back to reality. I needed to get out of there. I turned around half expecting the man to be awake and about to kill me but he was still asleep. I crept out of the room and headed to the back of the ship. Bennet wanted me to exit at the nose of the ship but I had other plans, I was going to leave through the garbage chute and make a run for it. The garbage chute wasn't too difficult to find. I slipped the Ubi Crystal into my bag and stepped into the chute. I tried not to yelp as I fell and I quickly plunged into cold we darkness, I swam up holding my bag closed praying nothing would fall out. I soon emerged at the surface and I climbed up and out of the water quickly making a quick escape. I ran home as fast as I could, grabbed the things I had packed and began to run again. People were staring at me, probably because I was soaking wet. I ran until I couldn't see the town anymore and I was just surrounded by trees. At any other time I would've worried about being lost, but as I lifted the Ubi Crystal out of my bag and felt it's pull, I knew that I was finally going to find my way back to him.

"Meliodas."

OKAY SOOOO THIS HAS BEEN SITTING HERE AS A DRAFT FOR SO LONG AND I AM V SORRY. Also it's definitely not my best writing but I really need to move the story along bc y'all are here for Meliodas and you aren't even getting any of that rn. But I also don't want this to be one of those crappy fanfics where the writer immediately rushed to the romantic bits. Let me know how you feel about it in the comments :)