Lovely Sins - Chapter 17

Okay so I'm writing this in the middle of math bc I just wanted to say that ik my updating schedule has been terrible but I promise it will get better. I mean it this time. I also know since I haven't updated in a long time a lot of my original readers aren't active anymore and my chapters aren't getting any reads. Which honestly is fine bc I've seen some comments from people who enjoy my story and that makes me really happy. @thosepeople bc y'all are lit. So if you have read this far through and you actually enjoy it be sure to add this to your library and follow me so you will get notified when I update. Alright, back to the story! 🤠🤠🤠

(y/n)'s POV

I didn't really sleep that night. I don't know how I could've, I kept thinking Reo was going to pop out of nowhere. There were so many strangers who knew my name around me recently. It freaked me out. I was glad I didn't have work because I was exhausted.

I wasn't sure if I should stay home or leave. For a moment I thought about hiding out somewhere so Reo couldn't find me but I had a feeling he would. So I just waited at home for him. I made breakfast and ate it quietly. As I was washing the dishes I heard a quick knock on the door.
That had to be Reo. I wiped my hands dry and slowly approached the door, as I was reaching for the lock, the door swung open.

"You took too long." Reo said, barging in.

I stared at him, my mouth hanging open.

"That door was locked." I said bewildered.
Reo let out a quick barked laugh.
"Locks aren't effective."
I threw my hands in the air.
"Well how am I supposed to keep you out then?"

Reo had been looking around my house and he now turned to face me.
"You can't." He said matter of factly.

He sad down at my kitchen table and looked at me.
"Have a seat (y/n)." He motioned to the seat across from him.

I crossed my arms and glared as I reluctantly walked over to take a seat.
"I don't seem to remember inviting you in."
I mumbled.

"Shhhh" Reo shushed me.

I glared at him
"Excuse me?!" I exclaimed.

Reo looked at me for a moment, squinting.
"You didn't sleep last night, did you?"

"I slept... I slept just fine, why wouldn't I sleep?"
I said defensively.

"No I don't believe that," Reo smirked at me.
"You we're afraid." He paused. "Afraid of me."

He suddenly stood and walked over to where I was sitting. He looked down at me, still smirking. He was so tall, and I cringed away from him.

"Look at me (y/n)." He whispered.

I didn't look.

"Look at me!" He yelled, angry.

I slowly looked up at him. I was shaking.
He smiled.
"Good." He sighed.
"Wasn't that easy? Now, as long as you behave yourself, I won't have to hurt you." He sat back down in his chair. " I will tell you what is on that shipment. You see it's-"

"Why do you want to tell me? What's in it for you?" I blurted out, interrupting him.
He glared at me.
"I was getting there. You see it's a personal matter for me. The owner of that particular shipment is a sort of rival of mine. So it would make me more than happy to see him in distress." Reo smiled.
" He has a compass of sorts. It's a crystal really. But it possesses magical properties. It is called an Ubi Crystal. There used to be hundreds of them, but over the years they have been lost, or destroyed and only a few remain. In this shipment there is one of three in the world."

I stopped him.
"But what does it do?"

"Well, like I said it's a compass of sorts. However instead of pointing to the North, it can point you in the direction of the things you desire."

I froze.
I could think of one thing I desired. One person.

"Meliodas."
I whispered.

"Ah yes, you desire something. This crystal can help you find it. That is if you don't die trying to steal it."

"Hey!" I shouted.
"First of all, I never said I was going to steal it. And second, if I was, I wouldn't die. I used to steal from the royal family. I think I could handle a lousy shipment."

Reo smiled at me. " I have a suspicion that you will take Bennet's offer." He paused. "Ah, but not quite the way he expects you to."

"Who's Bennet?" I asked.

"The man who told you about the shipment in the first place. He didn't even tell you his name?" Reo shook his head.
"He doesn't like me much so if I were you I wouldn't mention that you've been talking to me." Reo stood and walked towards the door.

"Bye now." He waved, and left.

I sat alone and thought how infuriating it was that Reo said I would take Bennet's offer. How would he even know?

What was even more infuriating than that however, was that Reo was right.

Of course at that point I wasn't planning on stealing the crystal for Bennet. I wanted it for myself. The only reason I would even need Bennet is because he knew where the shipment would be coming in and the plan he claimed to have could come in handy.

I began packing up my things. I couldn't pack all of it, but I packed up the essentials. After I got the crystal I would have to leave quickly and I couldn't come back home. Bennet knew where I lived so I wouldn't be safe.

He told me he would come back to the tavern and two days later, he did. I had to act as though I knew nothing new about him or the shipment so when he approached me I eyed him wearily.

"Listen, " I said. "I'll do it. But your going to have to tell me about your plan right away so I have time to prepare."

Bennet grinned and sat down at a table, motioning for me to sit as well.

He chuckled
"Let's get to work then deary."