Chapter 2: Test

(Your POV)

So this is what the professor meant with a "quirk assessment test". They are going to make us use our quirks at the same time that we perform the physical tests to help us focus limits and potentials, very interesting. Despite the complaints of some students, what Aizawa said was true. In these times, the requirements to become a hero increased and that is why U.A professors are stricter than normal. Now we are all in the test yard while we hear Professor Aizawa speak.

Aizawa: You kids have been doing these since junior high, too, right? Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your quirks. The country still uses averages taken from results from students not using their quirks. It's not rational.

Me(mind): This is the kind of teacher who rationalizes everything in advance, huh?

Aizawa: Bakugo, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right? In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?

Bakugo: 67 meters.

Aizawa: Then, try doing it with your quirk.

Aizawa gave Bakugo a ball once he entered a circle that was drawn on the ground.

Aizawa: You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle.

Bakugo did a warm up before throwing the ball. Then, Bakugo threw the ball along with an explosion that came from the palm of his hand while screaming "Die!" with all the force of his lungs. This guy generates explosions? If it wasn't for his horrible temperament, this boy could actually impress me. The ball had a device that calculated the distance it traveled until it touched the ground and thanks to Aizawa's phone, it was possible to measure the distance of the ball without the need to use a special camera. Aizawa showed the result of Bakugo's throw to the whole class and everyone was surprised to see a score of 750 meters.

Kaminari: 750 meters? Seriously?

Ashido: What's this? It looks fun!

Sero: We can use our Quirks as much as we want! As expected from the hero course!

Aizawa: "It looks fun," Huh?

Seras: I don't like that tone...

Aizawa: You have three years to become a hero. Will you have an attitude like that the whole time?

At this point, even I started to feel chills while looking at the sadistic look of the teacher.

Aizawa: All right. Whoever comes in last place in all eight tests will be judged to have no potential and will be punished with expulsion. 

Everyone: HUH?!

Me: Isn't that a little bit overkill?

Aizawa: We're free to do what we want about the circumstances of our students. Welcome to U.A.'s hero course!

A test of life or death from the beginning, huh? I'm going to die anyway and I'm not going to lose at the beginning.

Uraraka: Last place will be expelled? But it's the first day of school! No, even if it wasn't the first day of school, this is too unfair!

Me: The world is full of injustices. No matter how you see it, things will never turn out the way you want and that's why heroes are necessary. The work of the heroes is to help the people and protect them from these injustices.

Aizawa: You, the one with white hair and red marks on the forehead? What's your name?

Me: (y/n) Kaguya.

Aizawa: Kaguya, huh? I know your family... Anyway, since you like to talk before I can do it, you will be the next one to throw the ball.

I walked to the center of the circle and Aizawa gave me the ball. I'm thankful that the gym uniform covers most of the body, with this I will be able to use the cursed mark without others seeing it. I activated the cursed mark and I could feel it expanding around my body, at the same time that my strength increased.