Yes

Riley's POV

The entire weekend had passed and I hadn't heard anything from Maya. I tried to call and text her but I got no response. I couldn't find her before school started so I looked for her at lunchtime. I found her talking to Lucas outside.

I grabbed her hand and lead her to the side of the building where no one else was.

"What the heck, Maya!" I shouted.

Maya's POV

I had just gotten out of a meeting with my math teacher. I failed a quiz and I hadn't even gone to the school for a full week.

 I was not having a good day. First, I was late to school cause I slept through my alarm and now this. 

The teacher told me she got me a tutor, great. The only good thing was that my new tutor was Lucas, not some mindless jock who would constantly hit on me. Huckleberry, who was currently throwing a football around with his teammates outside, was a jock, but he was a proper southern gentleman.

"Hey, Ranger Rick," I said walking outside.

He tossed the football to one of his friends. "I'll catch up with you guys later," he said. He earned a few snickers from his teammates, but Lucas just rolled his eyes at them. "Sorry about them, Maya. What's up?"

"You told her you'd tutor me?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. I haven't known Lucas for that long, but he doesn't seem like a math guy.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that? I thought I could help you since I'm pretty good at what we're learning."

"Nothing's wrong with that, thank you," I said genuinely.

"No problem, Shortstack," he said smiling.

I punched his arm. "Don't ever call me that, Hopalong."

"Geez, sorry, Maya," he said rubbing his arm, which made me smirk.

I was caught off guard when Riley popped out of nowhere and grabbed my hand. She pulled me to the side of the building.

"What the heck, Maya!" She yelled.

"Hello to you too?" I said. "What's wrong?"

"You tell me," she said. "You've been avoiding me all weekend because of what happened Friday and—"

"Riley," I tried interrupting unsuccessfully.

"I like you," she continued over me.  "And I thought you liked me back but I guess not because—"

I smashed my lips into hers, catching her by surprise. I pushed her back until her back hit the side of the building all while our lips were interlocked.

 After a few moments, I slowly pulled away. "I do like you back. My mom just couldn't  afford to pay for my phone service."

"I'm sorry for acting crazy," she apologized. "I was just worried you didn't feel the same way."

"I do, I like you a lot, Riley," I said before pulling her into another kiss.

The kiss was broken, but this time it was her who pulled away.

"What does this make us?" she asked.

"Riley Matthews," I started, about to do something that felt so right. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

The widest smile formed on her face, she was so happy she almost started crying.  "Yes!" she squealed. "Yes!"

I smiled before pulling my girlfriend into one more kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to @lazilyellow for making the cover. You guys should definitely go to her if you need a cover done.

Don't forget to comment and vote!