V ~ I Like Where This Is Going

Today at work has been pretty slow. Whenever I'm waiting for a call to pick up, I'm nose deep in the Jack of Clubs case. He's robbed two more drug stores since Friday. It's now Tuesday. They were both out of state so I couldn't tend to them. I'm still waiting for the evidence to be mailed to me. Chief said that he'd call me in as soon as he got them. I've been trying to find a pattern in his robbings but they're all sporadic. There's no correlation what so ever and that might be what's pissing me off most. 

Throughout the week though, Gerard has been keeping my sanity. I'll be feeling stressed out and text Gerard. He always knows just what to say to calm me down. He's really helpful. I've been hesitant to answer all of his questions on the case since I did just meet him. 

I invited him over tonight. I get off work at seven so I'll be home in time to get changed and set up. He's coming over around 8:30 so that gives me plenty of time. I'm getting ready to go home now seeing that it's 6:50. I shot Gee a text to let him know that I'm leaving work and heading home.

When I got home I changed into a pair of light blue skinnies with a few rips here and there and threw on a black hoodie. I touched up on my makeup and tossed my hair into a cute messy bun. Sliding on my white vans, I walked back into my living room to set up Netflix. I had asked him what kind of pizza he likes so I could go ahead and order it. After I placed the order, I sent him a text saying that he could come over at anytime. 

About twenty minutes later I heard a knock on my door. I wasn't sure if it was Pizza or Gerard so I grabbed my wallet just in case. I opened the door to see it was Gerard. He had on a Rolling Stones baseball tee with a dark blue, torn up jean jacket over top. He wore the same black skinnies and converse as Friday night. His hair was tossed messily, but in a cute way. I couldn't help but smile when I saw him.

"You payin' me for being here?" He chuckled, noticing my wallet. I looked down at it and laughed.

"I wasn't sure if it was you or pizza." I tossed it to the side. "Come in." I stepped aside and let him in.

"Nice place." Gerard nodded.

"Thanks." I replied, walking over to the kitchen, "Want something to drink?"

"What do ya' got?" He leaned over the island counter top. 

"Well I have stuff to make a jack and coke if you want one. I've got a bottle of Merlot, a couple Miller Lites...."

"Why don't you pour us two glasses of wine." Gerard grabbed the bottle as well as an opener. I got out two glasses as he opened the bottle. I set them down so he could pour them. Once they were poured, we walked over to my living room. He noticed Netflix opened and raised an eyebrow at me.

"You trying to get in my pants officer?" He teased. I playfully hit his chest. 

"Oh shut it." I took a sip from my glass.

"That's police brutality. I'm suing." He smirked. I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm just kidding come here." Gerard wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I leaned up against his chest. I clicked on one of my favorite movies. 

"White Chicks?" Gerard laughed.

"What?" I looked up at him fighting a laugh.

"I didn't think you watched this kinda stuff." He shook his head, still with a smile. 

"Well I guess that's the point of this then." 

"What do you mean?" He asked, looking down at me.

"That's the point of going on dates. To learn about each other, you know?" 

Gerard was silent for a second before nodding, "Yeah, you're right." He directed his attention back to the screen as the movie started. Weird.

Gerard's POV

"That's the point of going on dates. To learn about each other, you know?" Y/n said, looking up at me. At times I forget that she doesn't know about me. That she doesn't know that I want a real relationship. At times like these, I feel like a real asshole. 

"Yeah, you're right." I said, looking back up at the screen. I just realized, how long am I going to keep this going? Until I get caught? What if I don't get caught? What if she finds out. No, that's why I'm 'dating' her. So that she doesn't. I can't let her. 

But she is really sweet. And pretty. I'm going to completely destroy her. She doesn't deserve it, but it's inevitable dating me. 

*Knock* *knock* *knock* 

I felt myself jump slightly while y/n only lifted her head. "Pizzas here. Either that or its the Jack of Clubs Criminal." Y/n joked. I snickered. Oh if only you knew that he's already here. 

Y/n got up, grabbed her wallet off the counter and got the pizza. Once the guy left, I got up and stood at the counter top. I watched as she got two plates down. Damn, her butts cute too. You know what? Fuck off inner horny Gerard.

She made a goofy face as she placed the plates down and opened the pizza box. I chuckled and stood behind her to grab a slice or two and put them on my plate. We brought the box back into her living room and set it on the coffee table. Y/n grabbed a blanket from her room and brought it out here as well. We sat back down the way we were earlier; her head resting on my chest and my arm around her. Instead of keeping my arm around her shoulder, I dropped it down to her waist. She didn't object, if anything she scooted closer to me. 

I didn't realize how good of a time I was having until the end credits started rolling. Y/n looked up at me and set her now empty glass down. "Want to watch something else or do you think it's getting too late?" She asked me. I checked my watch. It's about ten o'clock now. I mean, I have nothing else to do. 

"I can stay for another." I smiled down at her. I could tell that made her happy because of how wide her smile was. She handed me the remote and let me pick what we watch next.

Y/n's POV

Gerard flicked on another movie and set the remote down. He looked down at me with a smirk before scooting down on the couch to lay down. He pulled on my waist to get me to lay with him, which I gladly did. I know it's early in the relationship, but I feel something between us. I don't know if he does, but I know I do. 

I cuddled into his chest and rested my head on the arm of the sofa. He looked down at me confused, "How are you supposed to watch the movie like that?" He asked, brushing a strand of hair from my eyes.

"I like this better." I smiled. Maybe I'm being a little clingy, but with what he did next I felt a little better. Gerard kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I like this too."

~~~~~~

AN: Okay, problem solved. This chapter wasn't showing up on my phone so I thought that I had just gotten the numbering wrong. Just ignore the chapter I posted a few hours ago. I unpublished it and will republish it tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion!