The Wedding Planner [Chapter 7]

"How much do you get paid for the job you've got?" Westly asked me.

I shrugged. "About two hundred an hour."

His eyes widened at me. "Seriously?"

I nodded. "I'm just guessing. I don't ask for as much as other planners, so I get more people asking. Some wedding planners ask for about 500 to 900 dollars for an hour."

We had begun to walk down the streets that weren't as crowded as others had been. I hadn't been around... wherever we were... very much, so I had no clue where we would go for shoes. I guess Westly knew what was going on in this little idea going through his head.

"Damn, you're spoiled. No wonder you have a nice apartment."

"I am not spoiled!" I yelled at him.

He gave me a look and I didn't say anything about the spoiled topic again. "So why were you asking?"

"Did you expect me to buy you knew shoes?" Westly replied to me as we continued to walk and a few people passed by.

"No. Mainly, I would think that you would like duck under me and force the shoes I have on now off of my feet."

"You guessed wrong, even though I would laugh at you falling." I watched him smirk.

"Ha ha," I said sarcastically. "You're a great friend."

"I know," he said, continuing to smirk. "Plus, I don't like the fact that you're so tall. You look better short."

I looked at him for a moment, then said, "I really don't know how to respond to that."

"You just did, love," Westly said with a British accent.

I rolled my eyes at hearing his response and we continued to walk. I could hear a louder crowd of people as we approached and turned a corner of a empty place made for a store. It looked like it had been an old grocery store, or a mini mart.

I saw Westly smile as we turned the corner, and we were in Time Square. People were in a steady flow of traffic, some going one way and some going the other on the side walk. Some people came out of the subways and went on their way. Some walked faster than others. Some were just taking their time, which made the faster-walkers irritated. 

I know how they felt.

"And we're in time square, why?" I muttered. 

"To have a little fun. Did you forget or something?" Westly said.

"No, you never told me where we were going!" I replied.

"Yeah, I did. We're getting you some shoes."