The Wedding Planner [Chapter 18]

• Đã dành riêng cho every person reading this chapter :)

I watched as Ruby and a few of Daphne’s other friends fix her. It was finally the big day, and Daphne was very ready. She had been checking in on me a lot, and I had been checking on if the fresh chicken would be there, cooked and ready for the reception, and that her roses would be there for her to carry down the aisle, and that her grandmother would be able to make it up to New York okay and come to the wedding in her wheel chair. I had to even clear a spot for her to sit up front, near where I would be sitting and making sure everything would go according to our little plan. Daphne hadn’t been that bad to me lately, and for that I was thankful.

Daphne was smiling as her mother fixed her eye shadow and smeared red lipstick on her lips. She looked at me in the mirror. I hadn’t realized that I looked frustrated in the reflection, standing at an angle with my arms crossed over my chest. “You look really nice, Lanea.”

My frustrated look disappeared and I looked at myself in the mirror. I had on a colorful flowery dress, a bird necklace, and peach heals. I had done my hair in beachy looking waves, painted my nails white, and worn my favorite perfume. I felt nice and I had done all I could to make myself look good for Kirk’s wedding. It was a big day, but just not for me. It was my job.

I smiled at Daphne. “You’re the bride, Daphne. You look gorgeous.” To be honest, it wasn’t a lie. She looked beautiful. Maybe I had been wrong all along, and she was right for Kirk. But then that means I’d be alone, unless Westly showed up.

The thought of that made my stomach turn even more. I hated thinking about him not showing up. It broke my heart. Badly did I want him to come and crash the wedding just to see me, but I would hate him for ruining something I worked so hard on, and Daphne would be beyond pissed off.

“I look this way all because of you, Lanea. You found my dress, you organized this. This is perfect,” she stood up, and her dress was hitting my legs as she stood in front of me, a wide, happy, thankful smile on her red lips. “And this day is perfect all because of you. I can’t thank you enough.” She gave me a hug, but this one wasn’t awkward, but really genuine and real. She was happy, and I couldn’t help but be happy for her a little, even though I was fighting a war of emotions inside. I hugged her back, and before I knew it, she was facing the mirror again, her veil with roses perfectly placed on her head and her bouquet in her hands. She was taking a deep breath, and the show was about to begin.

I walked out of the room and into the outdoors. People were seated in the shady areas already, and most of the 150 people were already there. I saw so many still coming, and being greeted, I didn’t really know if Westly was here at all. I sighed and looked around, groomsmen were still standing by, and farther down the way, Kirk sat on a bench, his head in his hands as he looked toward the ground.

This wasn’t gonna be good.

I walked to him. “Dude, we’ve gotta get this show on the road! You’re getting married today!” I said with a merry smile as I stood in front of him.

He looked up at me, his fiery eyes looking confused. “Why are you so happy about this?”

My smile disappeared. “Why wouldn’t I be happy?” I said, sitting down beside him and smoothing my dress.