The Wedding Planner [Chapter 13]

I walked up the stairs and over to my apartment door, searching my bag for the key to my home. Before I could find it, Westly and his handsome blue eyes gazed at me from my own front door. I’m very positive that he didn’t stay the night with me, so how the hell did he get into my apartment?

I forced a smile on my lips. “Hey, babe.”

“You’re home early.”

“You’re inside my apartment. How?” Westly let me come inside and he shut the door behind me as I set my binders and things down in the kitchen. He seemed sweet and happy, just as always when he sees me now.

“I can pick locks, sweetie. I’m smarter than I look.”

“I never said that you were stupid,” I pointed out to me and he shrugged.

“Anyway, why are you home so early?”

“We have a date tonight, don’t we?” I looked up from my phone at him, questioning and daring green eyes staring at him.

Westly nodded to me. “Yeah but in like two hours.”

“I needed some relaxation first.” I grabbed an old Starbucks coffee cup that sat on the counter and threw it away. “I had to get away from that girl.”

“Why not just stop planning the wedding?” Westly asked me as he followed me into the living room. I sat on the couch, along with Westly, and took off my shoes.

“I’m doing it for Kirk, no matter how crappy this is.” I laid back some. “I have something nice to come home to.” I kicked my feet up on his lap and smiled.

A grin traced his lips and he tickled my foot, making me laugh. I hit his arm gently, making him stop and he was laughing too.

“You’re ticklish, huh?”

“Nope,” I said urgently. “Not at all.”

I am dangerously ticklish. But only Kirk and my parents knew that. Kirk used to tickle me all the time, as punishment for me not telling him something he just had to know about. I hated when people found it out, because it was one of my biggest weaknesses, especially when it came to boys. The few boyfriends I ever had never found out, but the 5th one has.

He grinned at me and started to tickle me. This quickly turned bad. I started to squirm and laugh and scream, “Stop!”, but he didn’t do it. He was Westly Carner. He doesn’t always do what he’s told.

I escaped his grasp by rolling onto the floor and sitting up. I laughed in triumph at him, but I knew I shouldn’t have. He pinned me to the carpet and tickled me until I couldn’t laugh anymore. He placed a kiss on my forehead and it sent a surge of happy through my body. I smiled.

He set me free and I rolled away from him, acting like a ninja just in case he tried to tickle me again. He laughed at me. “Relax. I’m done with tickling for now.”