Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Harry's Point of View.

"Tayah?" I yelled, running slowly into her house. "Where are you?"

"Upstairs!" She yelled back.

I set my bag down and ran up the stairs, trying to ignore the fact that i was soaking wet from the rain. I made my way to Tayah's bedroom, her face instantly dropping when she saw me.

"Harry, you're soaking-- wait, your eyes are red? Harry?" She got up, going over to the bag that sat in the corner of her room. She always kept a spare change of clothes for me, i was always welcome at her house.

"Long Story." I said, kindly taking the fleece pants and white t-shirt from her hands. "I overheard them talking about me." 

I changed quickly. i felt her eyes beaming on me as i stripped off my clothes. I knew that she still had feelings for me, and i know that i did too-- but Niall was in the way.

"Apparently im weird? And, ive always been? Im just .....strange?" I rubbed my eyes, throwing myself on the bed. "I guess im completely worthless, you know." 

I ran my hands through my curls, gripping them tightly. I swear i was about to rip them out of my head.

Tayah shook her head and went out of the room for a second, coming back a minute later with a glass of iced water and turning the lights off. 

"Please calm down." She said, placing a reassuring hand on my back as she handed me the glass. "You're not worthless."

I shook my head. "But everyone thinks that! Especially online. And now my own band is turning against me?"

Tayah sighed, staring at the ground. I knew this was probably uncomfortable for her.

"I look in the mirror..." I started to say, choking on my words. "I see worthless, and... Not good enough." I shrugged, leaning back against a pillow. "....Ugly."

"Harry." She whispered, turning her head towards me. "Don't ever say that to me again."

"But it's how i feel."

"Sure, but do you notice how many girls are tripping over their feet for you every day?" She asked, scooting closer to me. "Including me?"

"That's another thing." I started to say. "I cut off our relationship because of Niall. I feel like a total shithead for doing that to you."

"It's fine." She shrugged, looking into my eyes and lowering her head to my shoulder. "I'm not going to worry about that. I know how you feel about me."

I placed my hand on her back, sighing loudly. "It's pathetic, i'm sorry."

"I said it was okay," She said, sitting up a bit. "You're my bestfriend, with maybe a few benefits--" She giggled, biting her lip. "It's honestly fine. I know we'll work things out."

I nodded, watching her as she played with the bracelets on my wrist. Her face went from happy to sinking in seconds.

She shot a quick glace at my face and right back down to my wrists, her face filled with horror and sorrow. I knew what she was thinking.

She sighed loudly and took the bracelets, sliding them off slowly, revealing the many scars i had from all the abuse i cause on myself.

She ran her fingers on them, causing shivers to go speeding down my spine.

"Have you quit yet?" She whispered, her eyes watering.

I shook my head, staring off into space.

"They're getting lower, Harry." 

"I can't help it." I answered, my deep voice at a hush; but still agressive. "I can't stop."

"I want to help you." She said, her breath hitching. "...Harry, Let me help you."

"How?" i asked, my eyes tearing up. "It hurts. My heart hurts. I don't even want to try to be happy anymore. I can't even be happy with the fans.."

Tayah sighed again, placing her hand on my chest. "I wish i could make you happy."

"You make me extremely happy." I said, playing with a strand of her hair. "It's Niall that makes me depressed. He takes away my focus from you. And i hate it."

I felt Tayah smile against my chest. She pulled her head up from off my shoulder and bit down hard on her lip, glacing at my lips.

"You can kiss me." I laughed, grabbing the back of her head and pulling her closer to my face. "I don't bite."

She smiled again and pressed her soft lips to mine, deepinng the kiss as seconds went on. These were the moments i loved; when she got my mind off of Niall. I loved her so much.

I just wish things could go back to normal.

She pulled away quicker than i expected, grabbing the blanket and pulling it over us. "You need rest, your eyes are beat red."

I nodded, feeling Tayah interlock her fingers with mine. She brought my arm up, kissing my wrist softly where are the scars had been spread across.

"Goodnight Harry." She whispered.

I smiled, closing my eyes slowly. "Goodnight Tayah."

____________________________

:) vote and comment.