Chapter Seven

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch the trailer that the wonderful thedjgirl made for me! It is awesome.

-----------------

It’s enchanting really when days pass slower when you are looking forward to something. I managed to make it through Monday and Tuesday in the Hospital Wing, even surviving the night shift, without too much hassle. I’d even found time to start brewing the potion that I needed to replace Severus with. However my mind was just starting to note that today was my first day off of duty during school hours and then I was supposed to oversee the common room after school had officially finished. I was anxious yet nervous for this evening. Having decided to take it slow this morning I got ready at a leisurely pace, choosing to dress for comfort and warmth, before heading to breakfast. The hall was much fuller now than it had been the previous two days, I suppose the ungodly hour, which I had been getting up were to contribute to that.

“Ah Miss Hanley, I was wondering when you were going to arrive. Take this seat next to me.” Albus said as I drew closer to the Head Table. I noticed that the seat he was speaking of was also next to the one that Severus currently occupied. Oh Albus you clever, sneaky man. Alas I sat in the seat with out questioning.

“Good morning Albus, Severus.” I said to the two men as I started piling some French toast onto my plate.

“And to you Erin. As it’s a day off for you, I was wondering what you had planned?” Albus asked as he scooped some scrambled eggs into his mouth, being cautious so not to leave any in his beard.

“Oh I didn’t really have much planned. I was only going to read a book by the black lake. Why do you ask?”

“What the Headmaster means to say is that would you terribly mind helping me teach a few of my classes. I was planning on collecting ingredients with them for an upcoming potion and I can not supervise twenty odd students alone.” Severus said in his silky smooth voice.

“Of course, I would be more than happy to oblige. What time would you need my help Severus?” I asked him.

“Well after breakfast and then the lesson before lunch and the lesson after lunch.”

“I’m sure I can manage that, what with my busy schedule and all.”

“There you go Severus, I told you she wouldn’t mind.” The elder man said his eyes twinkling at us. Severus just grumbled under his breath before he continued eating his food.

Once we had both finished eating we went and stood in front of the large metal doors that lead to the main courtyard. We waited for the fifth year Slytherins and Gryffindor’s. Once Severus was satisfied with the number that had arrived he pushed the heavy doors open before he swished through the doors, me at his side and his students struggling to keep up, until he suddenly came to a stop partway down the hill.

“Right today we’re looking for Dittany and Asphodel, be careful and make sure you wear your gloves especially when handling Asphodel which can be very dangerous when it comes in contact with skin.” Severus drawled in a bored tone. A skinny ginger boy raised his hand. “Yes Weasley?” Severus snapped at the boy whose face was dusted in freckles.