A Pack of the Biggest Wolves Ever

Bella's POV

The next morning after hunting I went to the Cullens' tent, after receiving a order from Lady Artemis. When I entered their tent I said.

"Come with me, I am to take you to a safe place to hunt."

"It's too dangerous!" Edward protested.

"We might lose our control around you!" said Alice. That brought back a memory.

Memory. (In the cafeteria, the day after Loss Angles)

"Are you like a bear too?" I asked in a low voice.

"More like a lion, or so they tell me," he said lightly. "Perhaps our preferences are indicative."

I tried to smile. "Perhaps," I repeated. But my mind was filled with opposing images that I couldn't merge together. "Is that something I might get to see?"

"Absolutely not!" His face turned even whiter that usual, and his eyes were suddenly furious, I leaned back stunned and though I'd never admit it I was frightened by his reaction. He leaned back as well folding his arms across his chest.

"Too scary for me?" I asked when I could control my voice again.

"If that were it, I would take you out tonight," he said his voice cutting. " You need a healthy dose of fear. Nothing could be more beneficial for you."

"Then why?" I pressed trying to ignore his angry expression. He glared at me for a long minute.

"Later," he finally said. He was on his feet in one little movement. "We're going to be late."

I glanced around, startled to see he was right and the cafeteria was nearly vacant. When I was with him, the time and the place were such a muddled blur that I completely lost track of both. I jumped up, grabbing my bag from the back of my chair.

"Later then," I agreed. I wouldn't forget.

Fast Foreword (When Edward is driving Bella home after gym)

"Is it later yet?" I asked significantly.

He frowned. "I suppose it is later."

I kept my expression polite as I waited.

He stopped the car, I looked up surprised, of course we were already at Charlie's house, parked behind the truck. It was easier to ride with him if i only looked when it was over. When I looked back at him, he was staring at me, measuring with his eyes.

"And you still want to know why you can't see me hunt?" He seemed solemn, but I thought I saw a trace of humour deep in his eyes.

"Well," I clarified, "I was mostly wondering about your reaction."

"Did I frighten you?" Yes, there was definitely humour there.

"No," I lied. He diden't buy it.

"I apologize for scaring you," he persisted with a slight smile, but then all evidence of teasing disappeared. "It was just the very thought of you being there...while we hunted," His jaw tightened.

"That would be bad?"

He spoke from between clenched teeth. "Extremely,"

"Because....."

He took a deep breath and stared through the windshield at the thick, rolling clouds that seemed to press down, almost within reach.

"When we hunt." he spoke slowly, unwillingly, "we give ourselves over to our senses....govern less with or minds. Especially our senses of smell. If you were anywhere near me when I lost control that way...." He shook his head, still gazing morosely at the heavy clouds.

Memory Over

This made the new hole in my chest throb painfully, I realized the Cullens where still protesting while I was recalling that day so I was able to hide the pain by just rolling my eyes and walking out of the tent knowing they would follow me considering how black there eyes were. But of course Jasper picked up my emotions and gave me a confused look as he walked beside me and probably told Edward what I felt with his thoughts. As we walked I chatted with the girls some more. Finally we found I found a good area for the Cullens to hunt.

"OK this seems like a good area so you can all go hunt your fill and then meet me back here," I said, the Cullens all nodded and were all gone before I could even blink.

I climbed the nearest tree and wacthed birds fly in the sky and the clouds blow by while I waited. It was a really nice day today with the sun out and a very small breath of wind and not many clouds in the sky. Though the leaves on the trees were starting to change color since fall was coming for this country. A while later the Cullens were done hunting, they seemed surprised to see me perched in a tree, I jumped from the the tree and landed gracefully on my feet. Taking a look at each face I was satisfied that all the Cullens eyes were there normal yellow color.

"Shall we head back?" I asked, all of the Cullens nodded before following me back to the camp.

When we got back to camp I ate with the rest of the hunters packed up and we set off. We manged to walked all the way to the United States before we set up camp in one of the forest. After eating I went to bed and cried myself to sleep for the first time for two centuries.

Later that night I was woken up by the the barking and growling of the wolves protecting our camp warning us that we were about to be attacked, immediately my bow appeared and I grabbed it before exiting my tent. The Cullens were stand close outside looking worried and tried to get me to stay in my tent and be safe but I woulden't listen. The hunters and I began running toward the threat me running beside Lady Artemis. We all split up in order to surround whatever was attacking us , when we did surround them though I realized we were pointing our arrows at shape shifters (werewolves). Lady Artemis gave us a sign to lower ours bows we obeyed but did not relax our grip on them. The Cullens were standing behind me tense.

"May I have your leader please speak to me in his human form, you could litterly see the shock in all the wolves eyes. The big russet wolf then turned and went behind some bushes before emerging as Jacob Black.

"How do you know about us." he asked Lady Artemis coldly making all of the hunters point there bows and arrows at him. Lady Artemis once again singled us to lower our bows which we obeyed.

"I am the Goddess of the Hunt of course I know about vampires and werewolves," replied Lady Artemis calmly.

"What do you mean?" asked Jacob.

"If you come back to our camp I will explain everything. You can be our guest as long as you want, though not too long because we have the Cullens with us and my hunters are not much of a fan of boys."

"Why should we go with you?" Jacob said in a cold tone still.

"Like I said I will explain what I am and I'm sure you would like to see Bella again, woulden't you?" Lady Artemis said gesturing to me.

Jacobs face turned from a cold mask to shock and confusion.

"Bella?" he questioned uncertain, I gave him a slight nod.

"So will you come?" asked Lady Artemis.

"Yes we will," Jacob replied.

As we walked back to camp Lady Artemis once again explained about gods. Jacob took some convincing but after a while he gave in and said he believed and would convince his pack to believe as well, I talked with Jacob and found I was perfectly comfortable around him still. We talked, joked and laughed until we got back to camp where the hunters and I set up a tent for each member of the pack. I could tell that they were tense with the Cullens here but still stayed at the camp. After setting up the tents I went back to my tent and went back to sleep.