Katara-Part 3

What is Aang's problem? What does he mean that we aren't open about the relationship?.... But all I know is all the things Zuko said...I can't get out of my head...'I'd be lost if I never knew you, I'd rather die tomorrow, than to live a hundred years without knowing you.'......it was so sweet, I can feel myself blushing just thinking about it.

"Hey Katara," Zuko said as he sat next to me.

"Yeah?"

"Well about last night....."

"Hey Katara!" Aang said interrupting him and put his arm around me. "What's up?"

"Well me and Zuko were about to have a conversation," I told him.

"Oh, about what?" Aang asked.

"Nothing....it can wait til' later," Zuko said getting up and walking away.

Ever since yesterday morning, I've started to feel uncomfortable around Aang, and he's become....more enthusiastic? Aang sat down with his arm still around me. "Isn't this such a nice sunset," he said cheerfully.

"Um....yeah it is.."

"Katara, your the best girlfriend ever," he said giving me a tight hug. Lately I feel like Aang has been smothering me a lot..and I'm getting hesitant about our relationship, and i think I'm starting to take a liking towards Zuko...in a way. He's responsible, he listens, and he knows personal boundaries. We also have a lot in common, and he's handles things in a mature way.

Then out of nowhere Aang started repeatedly kissing me on the cheek. "Aang please stop," I said.

"But why? We ARE boyfriend and girlfriend, aren't we?"

"Well, yeah...but it's starting to get a little too much."

"Oh...sorry," he said disappointed.

"It's ok...just calm it down some."

"Ok."

It was silent for a moment while I was gathering a few thoughts. "Um...do you know where Zuko went?" I was curious to what he wanted to talke about, and if it was something serious I didn't want to time to go on and his emotions build up and makes it worse.

Soon Aang's soft expression turned to a sour one, "Oh," he stood up. "So you'd rather be with Zuko huh?!" he yelled.

"Um no, that's not what it is. I wanted to see what he wanted to talk about."

"Why do you care?!"

I looked at him confused, "Becuase he's our friend Aang."

He paused before speaking, "He went in his tent.." he finally came out and said. "You'd rather be with him, don't you?" he questioned.

"Get a grip Aang, you really need to stop this. I'll see you later ok?" I said getting up and walking away. What's wrong with him? Aang is starting to lose it. When I approached Zuko's tent , I started to feel nervous about what he wanted to talk about. I took a deep breath and went it, "Zuko?"

"Oh, hey Katara," he smiled.

"So...what what was it that you wanted to talk about?" I asked as I sat in front of him.

"Well about last night...I think I was out of line.."

"What do you mean?"

"Well the things I said to you, I shouldn't have said."

"No Zuko it's ok...I mean I know you didn't mean any harm...and it seemed like you had a lot on your mind. You were just saying what you felt." I told him hoping to reassure him.

"But you see, you see it as something harmless, just as someone being a good friend...but I mean it in a different way."

"I...don't understand."

Zuko took me by the hand and held it and looked int my eyes. "Katara...the way I feel about you...is wrong. I've committed a sin...I've coveted you."

"Zuko...what do you mean?"

"Katara.." he took a deep breath and then looked away holding his head down. "I have very strong feelings for you."

"I do too...you're a great friend.."

"No no," he said he cupped my hand in both of his. "I...I...Katara I love you."

"What?!"

"I know you're with Aang, I respect that, but I just couldn't help it, I had to tell you. " he looked back up at me. "You're so beautiful...gorgeous even..in every way...you're sweet. It's just the way you are...I love every thing about you...I wouldn't change a thing. The way you laugh.....your smile...the way you..light up when you're happy. I love everything about you.." he looked away again. "I just had to tell you...I couldn't keep these feelings bottled up any longer. I at least wanted you to know how I feel."

I was quiet, I sat there thinking about everything his said. I loved his smile..the way he lights up when he's happy...I love everything about him and I wouldn't change a thing. Sitting there thinking this through I realized..that I felt the same way all along..I was just too blind to see it because whe he first joined us I was too busy hating him and taking out my anger of losing my mother on him....we became friends...but then Aang had kissed me...I guess it it's true when they say opposites attract.

So I decided to say to him..what's been on my mind for a while now..I've been curious to what it would be like in the back of my mind. "Zuko, I can't believe I'm saying this..."

"What?"

"...kiss me"

"W-what..?"

"Kiss me," I repeated

"Are you..sure?"

"I've been wanting this for a while now."

He leaned his forehead in to touch mine, "I've been waiting for the day to hear you say that." He seemed a little hesitant but he leaned in and his lips were only and inch from mine.

"Hey Zu....," Aang said as he opend the tent and then was surprised. "What are you doing?!!" Then Aang Airbended Zuko out of the tent. "What was that Katara?!" Aang said as I ran out to see if Zuko was ok. "You were about to kiss Zuko!, Katara why?!"

"Hey what's going on?" Sokka said as him and Toph came out there tents.

"Katara was about to kiss Zuko!"

"No, theres no way Katara would do that," Toph said sticking up for me.

"Why would you do that Katara!!" Aang Yelled.

"I'm sorry Aang....but I love Zuko.." Sokka and Toph's jaw dropped.

"And I love her ," Zuko said while putting his arm around me making me blush a little.

"Why Katara, why Zuko?!" Aang yelled.

"Well Aang...lately you've been a little smothering...and you've been really clingy...and you started to make me feel uncomfortable...you were coming on too strong and it made me nervous."

"i did it because I heard your conversation the other night. I heard what he said to you, and I knew he loved you, and I didn't want to lose you...." then Aangs face went soft and he started to speak calmly. " But I guess by what I was doing I ended up losing you"

"Aang I'm sorry..I really am...but these feelings for Zuko won't go away..I've had then all along and didn't realize it..I waited to see if it was just a spur of the moment sort of thing...to see if they'd go away...but they didn't. I hope we can still be friends..."

"Sure, Katara," he said sadly. "I wouldn't want you completely out of my life."

"Thanks...i really hope you understand Aang," i said as hehe walked away. Toph and Sokka were still in awe. Then blank expressions occured on their faces, and they went back into their tents. "Zuko meet me back in the tent later ok?"

"Alright," he smiled.

"