Aang- Part 9

Finally after some struggling and yelling through dirt Katara finally let us up, or only our heads at least. She knew if she let us go, we would most likely go back to fighting. I still couldn't understand, why him? Why Zuko? I was the Avatar. I didn't understand how she could love him. He was if anything the exact opposite of her personality and he was always so....so angry...all the time. What could she see him?

"Come on Katara, let us up! We're not finished here, if he wants a beat down then he'll sure get it, he's asking for it!" Zuko yelled.

"Me?! This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't stolen her from me in the first place!" I yelled after spitting some dirt out of my mouth.

"First of all," Katara started. "He didnt steal me Aang, I love him, I went to him willingly and Zuko violence won't solve anything." She turned to Zuko, she had this loving, caring, and endearing look in her eyes when she looked at him. It was a look she had never given me. "Zuko, you know I love you, you have nothing to worry about and there is no reason for you to fight him, you already have me," she smiled. "And I'm not going anywhere. I understand want to defend me and my honor and to prove you are the better man, but I'm with you aren't I?"

Then she turned to me and her expression changed quickly to aggravation as her smile went to a frown and her eyebrows pulled together. But there was still a hint of kindess in her eyes. She didnt have that kind of heart, she could never be completely hateful. "Aang," she started. "You know I care about you, but not in the way you want me to, you cant make me love you. I will always be your friend, there's no reason to ruin that part, to ruin something that was never broken. And you know this is wrong of you....to try to ruin what Zuko and I have for whatever reason."

Her words made me angrier, it wasn't something I wanted to hear, as kind and considerate as they were, her words cut me deeper. She released her blood bending on us and we both got up. I closed my eyes trying to think as clearly as possible. I slowly opened my eyes at Katara and then looked at Zuko.

"We better head back to the others, we should be leaving soon if we want to get to the southern water tribe at a decent hour," I said. "This is isnt over Zuko, I will not let you have the love of my life, and if i can't have her you definitely don't deserve her," I finished my final words towards both of them and started to walk back as they followed, keeping their distance.

By the time we got back to the clearing, those other travelers were gone, Inuyasha, Kagome and the others. I would have liked to at least say goodbye, but I'm sure they had their work and travels to do. Sokka, Toph, Suki, Appa, and Momo were all staring into space waiting for us.

"Hey!" Sokka yelled. "Where have you guys been?! We've been watiing on you guys forever!"

"Sokka, Shhh," Suki said as she put her hands on his shoulders.

"No we have been waiting on them, we deserve an explanaiton!"

"Pipe down antsy pants," Toph said. "Its none of our business." I knew that Toph could probably feel our emotions and the tension of the air through the earth. "All that matters is that they're back and that they're ok, so let's get going, we have somewhere to go."

With that last statement from Toph, Sokka shut up, but i could still see the suspicion and curiosity on his face. So i knew that he would end up questioning one of us later for some answers. We all climbed onto Appa and set back on our original path to the southern water tribe, leaving behind a day of fun and also a day of broken memories followed by a broken sea, followed by the mirage of a clouded eclipse.

While in the air on Appa, I just couldn't stop feeling angry, it didn't help that Katara and Zuko were all cuddled up further down Appa. Sokka was sleeping hectically with his head thrown back, Suki was looking at the scenery and Toph, well I couldn't really tell what she was doing, she was just sitting there. I happened to look over at the corner of my eye, and there was Katara smiling and giggling with Zuko at her side, as he smiled at her. I growled to myself and shook my head and paid attention to the sky.

"Seeing that really gets your undies in a twist doesn't it antsy pants?" I heard Toph say as she sat next to me. I didn't respond. I had nothing to say, and I felt like if I did I wouldnt be able to control my emotion or my words. "Ya know I feel kinda bad for saying this, and I understand if you hate me for saying it, but I feel it needs to be said. To be honest Katara seems genuinely happy with Zuko, more so than when she was with you. I can feel it in the earth, when she's near him, she's not so high strung, her mood lightens. She's brighter. Same with Zuko, he's happy and he relaxes, and he isn't so tense. He's a little more care free. Katara puts him at ease. They balance each other out."

I definitely heard everything she said but I definitely was not listening, I didn't care about anything at the moment. I just wanted her back in my arms.

"And honestly it's wrong of you to try and rip them apart because you know she's happier with him than she could ever be with you."

I felt a scowl come over my face, "Toph, I know you want to put your opinion on everything, but one this has nothing to do with you and I dont really care about what you have to say."

Her eyebrows pulled together, "That's one of your problems now, you don't listen, thats one reason why she wasnt truly happy, and you shouldn't be so hung up on one person did you ever think that there could be someone else out there for you that's as good as her," with those last words Toph got up and walked away and sat down further down.

"I don't want anyone else..." I muttered under my breath.

In time we arrived to the southern water tribe, it was about mid day, so we got there at a decent time. As soon as Appa landed he yawned. I climbed down as the others did and patted his head. "I know you're tired, you'll be able to get some rest now."

Momo climbed onto my shoulder and then jumped off onto the snow and was soon engulfed by it and then popped his head out the snow to looks around. "Momo," I said as I picked him up and put him on my shoulder. "You better stay up here, we don't want to lose you."

"Oh wow home is just as I remembered it," Katara said.

"I hate snow...ice....I can't see anything," Toph said to herself.

"Yeah..." Zuko said.

"What's wrong?" Katara asked.

"Nothing..." Zuko said soflty.

"He's probably remembering how the last time he was here, he invaded this place, and took you captive and everything else he did that day," I said.

"Aang!" Katara scolded.

"No," Zuko said. "He's right...that is what I was thinking of."

"Don't worry," Katara said. "I know you're worried and I am a little too, but I'll be here for you," she finished as she grabbed his hand and he replied with a smiled. I growled to myself and looked away.

"I'm so glad to be home!" Sokka yelled as he jumped up and down and then planted his face in the snow. "MWAH MWAH!" Sokka kissed the grouned repeatedly and then spit snow out of his mouth. "Ew, oh Suki, I can't wait for you to meet everyone!"

"I can't wait either, I'm glad I get to see where you grew up," Suki smiled as she took hold of his hands.

"Come on guys let's go say hi to everyone," I said.

"Hey!" Toph yelled. "Blind earthbender here, I can't see in this! Can someone guide me please?"

"Sure," Suki said. "I got you Toph." she went over to Toph and her arm with hers.

"Thanks Suki, ok now we're all good here."

We all then started walking, drawing closer to the water tribe village.