Almost Last Chapter

I am so sorry for taking so long to update this chapter. There will be one more chapter after this one. I am a bit sad that this book is coming to an end again, however now I can focus on my new book "These Woods" ps all my followers will get a sneak peek of the book sometime next week, probably when I update the last chapter, 

Becky’s POV

Spring is here.

The trees and the flowers bloom. Squirrels are scattering around in the trees. Bird sing sweet melodies complimenting the buzzing of the bees. The sun shines brightly tickling my skin. I haven’t felt its potent rays in a long time.

Today things are different. I have to park the car far away from her house because of the wedding guest. My car has an extra shine in comparison to the ones around it. As I trot down the tedious road to her house a nagging feelings keeps nudging me. She has to give me the answer to my question. Each step toward the house makes my life box pound even harder. The louds beats travel all the way to my ears.

There is something wrong.

Things are different.

Cars line the street, music and laughter bustles. There is lots a laughter, accompanied my loud distant chatter. It seems like everyone is of good cheer. The suburban home is decorated from the base to the apex with elaborate shades of purple and white accessories. There is no doubt that this is the work of Mrs. Jones. They all wear bright jubilant colors bringing in the formidable weather. In contrast to my black. I am not allowed to celebrate in their happiness.

Joyous feet move to the upbeat music, even if the feet make a cracking noise every time the dance position is changed. I want to join in with the traditional soul music, but I can’t. I don’t belong here. I was not invited and I simply don’t fit in.

I have not heard or seen Kimberly since the incident. It is as if this is my first time stepping foot on this property. I am not welcomed here anymore. I am lost. If only Kimberly could light the path for me to find my way. Desperately I need to feed off her warmth. I need her hands to entangle our bodies together.  I need to listen to her insight. I need Kimberly Jones.

As the space between us close they all stare at the foreign object: me. I try to ignore the piercing glares at my face and back. To them I am a spectacle. I don’t look the same as them and we don’t dress the same. I sit next to the softest looking one of them all, at the bar. Cheekily she laughs at her surrounds.

“This family really is something else.” Indirectly she addresses to me. She continues to sip her drink and laugh with herself.

“Pardon.”

“They may call me weird but at least I’m not fake like the rest of them.” She shakes her head.

Quizzically I look at her. She must be drunk or just plan ‘weird’ as she stated earlier.

She lowers her lips to my ears. Instantly I inhale the revolting and powerful scent of Brandy. It swings my head. “Look at him over there. In front of everyone he acts so righteous. He tries to be the best father and husband. But when he goes home he turns into a monster- that is when he actually decides to go home and stop chasing after girls half his age.

“Wow!” Aren’t all men too faced and selfish jerks who’s first priority is the gratify themselves sexually before anything else?

“You know the woman whose house we are in right now. She is trying to cover up a sandal right now with her daughter. Her name is Kimberly.” When I hear her name I instantly search for her face. “To everyone she’s the prefect star child, but I know her secret.”

“Do you really?” Engaged I draw closer to her, getting accustomed to the smell of liquor.

“Okay let me break it down for you. It’s rumored that Kimberly accompanies this dyke in exchange for affluence and importance.” What? I won’t believe this.

“Well your wrong.” Instantly I shot up, reacting from the instant rush of hot blood. I follow Kimberly’s advice to take deep breathes.

“Ha! WRONG? If I am wrong then explain to me why she has ran away to Switzerland.”

“I don’t care what you are saying you are wrong and confused.” This girl just has to be wrong. She just has to be. X

“She has already gotten all the influence she needs from that white girl. She has dumped her and went on to expanding her career. Now she off to new heights.”

“You are crazy Kimberly would never do that me.”

“A dyke knows another dyke.”

The DJ stops the music and a dancers flee the floor happily to rejuvenate their tired limbs. Confusion ensues. I become lost in a place common to me.

Kimberly is gone?

No this can’t be true. She would not leave without telling me.

How?

Somehow I stumble into the back of the house. There is no way that Kimberly has left me. There can’t be.

A traitor hand rests her on my shoulder. “Becky what a surprise meeting you here!”

A surprise? I always came here.

“Where’s Kimberly?” the strangest tingle sensation crawls under my skin.

“Umm…” she turns away to pull a sheet of paper from the draw. “ She left this for you.”

She places the paper in my shaking hands. Slowly each of my fingers curl over the thin piece of paper. Profusely I shake.

My eyes shatter at the sight of the first two words. ‘I’m sorry’.

No Kimberly sweetheart you don’t have to apologize. I know you couldn’t have possibly done anything wrong. We love each other.

The longer the paper rests in my hands the weaker I become. ‘Becky I am not that girl.’

She writes those two words again: ‘I’m sorry’.

 I shatter.

My angel has flown.

And I will help her find place.