Chapter Twenty-Six

Becky’s POV

It’s dark out and the snow has stopped falling. 

We sit.

We look.

We think.

The silence of the room suffocates us. Caught in my throat is in my anticipation. I want Kimberly to come with me, but...

“You know what Kimberly you don’t have to give me an answer right now.” Relived she raises her head. I had to stop her from answering. I’m afraid things will not go my way. I don’t want her to reject me. It will hurt too much. Ignorance is better than being disappointed.

Her happiness does something negative to me. “I’m going to bed.” Lying down will help me to relax and forget my problems.

“So soon?” Kimberly sings. I stop at the bedroom’s door. Hurt. I want to lie down. Why did I even suggest something?

“Yes, I’m tired.” Exhausted, my hand falls to the doorknob. Coupled with all the sensation around my life I need to take a break.

“Okay I’ll join you in a few.”

Slumping on the bed, my eyes are glued to the ceiling. What’s going to happen to us in the next two weeks? Our relationship will get lost in all the miles dividing us. We are fresh and young. Too juvenile.  We haven’t fully bloomed with each other. She doesn’t even a concrete reason to stay we me. I can’t guarantee her anything, but… my heart. She has wants and I’m afraid I won’t be able to fulfill them on the go.

I need to focus on something else. Far in background she rearranges things in the background, again. One wouldn’t think that people live actually line here. Mindlessly I flip through some magazines, failing to subdue the whirlpool of unsettling thoughts. As I slowly turn one of the pages, giving it no attention, a wedding invitation falls out. Congratulations to them!  I doubt I’ll ever have one of them. Most definitely Kimberly won’t be my bride. I close the depressing book full of advertisements of girls and guys covering the absolute necessary, selling ridiculously expense products that we don’t need half of the time. 

Confidently she struts my way. With each step my anticipation rises, simultaneously with my heart. Any other day I would perk and take all that I can get. Today’s different though. Preparing for bed she sits at the mirror, feet crossed, massaging her face. Sitting up my eyes goes off of course from my prior decision. In a leopard print bra accompanied with a commentary panty she smiles at me I mirror. Discerning she follows my dark eyes. She knows exactly what I want.

Turning in my directions her legs lift her frame. The movement jilts her breast in the bra, as she moves it moves up and down, similar to jello. The bra rises revealing the round shape of the lower part of her breast. Unconsciously I reach out to touch her. My finger brushes over them. The coldest of my fingers causes her to shiver. Groping her breast she bends over me. Suspiciously her eyes glisten sending misleading signals. She’s hiding something.  Pulling back I lie down, aptly she follow my positions commanding the top.

Crouching, her open legs surround my lower. As her face meets mine I turn away. Deflated she sighs, her warm breathe fans my neck. Pressing down hard on my thigh she lifts herself off of me. The type pf heat changes. Snatching the quilt of the sitting chair, she lays down the furthest she can away for me. Placing a pillow between us she huffs. She flicks the light off the switch, making it bounce back and forth in anger.

“Good night.” She mutters with tightly clenched jaws.

“Good night.”

✴✴✴