Chapter Five

Blame it on the Alcohol 

Kimberly's POV

Nervously, I arrive at Club 21. Some lewd hip-hop song blasts through the doors, I presume it is LiL Wayne- he always disrespected women. As you probably already guessed I am not the clubbing type. I always fear that I would be drugged, raped and killed. I know it sounds a little crazy, but that is how I feel.

 As I approach the doors a brawny, light skinned, security guard eye balls my body up and down. I feel violated and uncomfortable, but this seems like a regular thing he has been doing this to everyone else. After a while he lets me in, seems like I've passed the attractive test. The club is dark, partly because of a hovering smoke cloud and partly because of the lack of lights. In the corner is an energetic DJ rocking to the tune. A well stock bar surrounds all the wall, in a U-shaped, bordering the dance floor. As always there are some jerks trying to pick up some barely clothed girls. This is not my type of place. Finally, I find Becky stranded at one of the isolated tables, surrounded by empty bottles. I was just about to leave.

"Hey, where's everyone else?" I ask curiously.

"Too busy to care, and too young to drink." she responds indifferently.   It seems like she doesn't want to be bothered.

"So you mean it's only us, here?" I ask, making my nervousness magnify itself by 500%. I do not want to be alone with her. You never know what could happen.

"Why, do you have a problem with me?" She interrogates. "Or do you think that maybe I might bite you?" Her hands are high in the air as she mimics the teeth of a fierce lion.

"I'm not afraid. " Shoot,  I said that a little to quick. I know she can smell my fear now.

"Don't worry I'll be nice, I promise. If I bite you, it won't be to inflict pain, no I will do it to give you pure ecstasy" she says all seductive with a smirk. I give her a distasteful look and she goes back to her drink.

"No, I am not scared of you." I retort, completely ignoring her last comment.

All she does is nod her head. She looks like she has already had a couple of drinks in her.  Skilfully, she passes me a glass and steadily pours me some Hennessey, raw.

"No thanks." I say loud and clear so she can get the point. Tomorrow is going to be my second day of work and I want to be sober.

"DRINK its fun! Trust me you don't want to be known as the party popper. Cause no one  likes chicks killing their vibe." She tries to persuade me, but it is not working.

"First of all I'm not your CHICK so I can kill your vibe if I wanted to. Second, I am not at work so I don't have to listen to you.  Besides I don't want to ruin my reputation like how you have ruined yours." I spit at her with confidence. Jeff (the computer/tech guy) told me all of the rumours surrounding her. How she got her job because of connections, how she sleeps around with her clients to get higher commissions and how she comes to work drunk.

"You don't know anything about my reputation, you just want to piss me off and I am not tolerating it." She cooly remarks in her defence. "Wow! I am just so surprised; your outsides have changed for the better, however your insides still remain as lame as ever. Is it possible that your mommy still reads you bedtime stories, wittle FOUR EYE BRACE FACE." she mocks. I know she wants to piss me off and I have to admit that it is working.

Her missiles hit me hard tearing down all of my defences. It is like I am in high school all over again.  Whenever she would call me that name my heart would rip in shreds, only putting itself back together with hate -for Her. Immediately I snatch the drink off the table and gulp its contents down. It's better this way; I can't let her see my tears, because that will make her all too happy.