CHAPTER 3: Eternity

ISDA

Sleep had never felt better in my life when I dreamed of Nahariel's soft and gentle lips on mine. The kiss was amazing and his taste...it sparked my body with thousand bolts of lightning. Even now, I craved more. Sad to say, the dream ended too shortly and I faced darkness after he was gone from my vision.

It had felt so real I had actually thought of asking him. However, tonight he came in looking paler than normal and strikingly depressed. Questions swirled while I reminded my heart to behave and not skip a beat when he came near.

I should've known it was all useless attempt because he drew me in with his every move. I was desperate to keep my gawking to a minimum and thus backed myself towards a corner while he groused around removing his cloak. While he prepared to shower, my skin shivered when I saw  some bite marks on his hand and blood...dark deep ruby blood splatter...

Was he wounded? What had gone wrong? Where had he been? What happened?

Trying not to pry, I routinely took up his clothes and put out his night garments with bated anticipation. He came out and I received another glimpse at his hand. Yes, it had scars but it wasn't bleeding actively. The blood must've been someone else's.

Bad feeling crawled up my spine when I saw his eyes glowering at the clothes. Ignoring the feeling, I backed away and stood beneath the small window. Oddly enough, the blind had gone away today and I was blessed with the moon's brightness shining upon me. 

Feeling his presence near, I turned to face him and held up my hand. Tonight, I would not bother him. Ever the statue, he drank silently and gently unlike when his brother had—just the thought made me shiver with fear. My control regained, when I saw those startling eyes looking at me with uncertainty. His skin felt cool against mine when he sealed it up to mere bruise. 

Usually, he had but to touch me to make butterflies fly in my stomach. Except tonight a gloomy cloud hung above. Similar to the day I had learned of my fate from the ravens. Any news even closely similar would do the same, no doubt. 

I met his gaze when he retreated towards his bed. Taking in a deep breath, I went into the small alcove I had made my home. Like weeks past, tonight he would remain asleep and I would remain awake beside him. 

He burrowed himself inside the soft velvety fabrics of his bed. I saw the muscles bending under his skin. His hair splayed, his eyes closed, it was almost as if he were at peace. The cool breeze of midnight came in through the window providing a fresh sense of life.

I heard the ravens caw. They wanted me to sing them a lullaby.

Lookin to my captor, I waited for him to dwell deeper into sleep. Soon his body steadied with each breath he took. I smiled. Adorable and enticing. Just what was this enigmatic man? How could one even describe such a dichotomy? 

Gazing up at the glowing half-moon and I began my song.

Ever after always

A journey past infinity

Your heart forever knowing

Exactly where it's going

Distant future memory

Guiding you to see the dream

Follow where it's going