Chapter Twenty-Seven

"So you and Dragneel, huh?" I heard from behind me. 

I turned to see Ren with his thick eyebrow raised in accusation. I was packing up my stuff to get to Physics, but paused to give him some brief attention. I looked at him up and down, and then rolled my eyes.

"It's none of your business." I snapped, not caring about being cordial him as I had been with Jenny. Ren always had an attitude, "Did you ask Jenny to the prom?"

"I don't like it." He said, ignoring my question and sticking to the topic of my and Natsu's relationship.

"You don't have to." I stated, continuing to pack my things.

"Luce, he looks at you like you're something to eat." He commented, trying to bring some sense me. I hated hearing my nickname come from his mouth. It didn't sound right, and I had half a mind to cuss him out for even trying to use it.

"I could say the same for Jenny towards you." I said. He looked taken aback.

"Lucy!" Levy called from outside. She was waiting with Gajeel and Natsu. A few people around them and inside the classroom looked on in shock. I stuffed my composition notebook into my bag and joined them, leaving Ren to stand there with irritation written on his face. What was his problem?

"Hey, hey." I greeted, and the boys both smiled at me. Natsu looked slightly agitated, but his large blazing hand grasped mine as we walked to Physics.

"See you guys later." Levy said, climbing on to Gajeel's back to be carried off to her class. I smiled at the two before looking at Natsu entirely.

"What's the matter?" I asked finally. He shook his head.

"The guy sure does have a pair on him, doesn't he?" He muttered through his teeth. I knew he was talking about Ren.

"Just ignore him, there's nothing he can possibly do." I assured him, and he scoffed.

"In a way, I appreciate his boldness. I mean, at the very least, he's looking out for you." He compromised, and I furrowed my eyebrows, "But it's quite infuriating how people have this belief that everyone's business is their own."

I chuckled, "Small town, small minds." I explained, and he pursed his lips as we entered Gildarts' classroom.

I could feel Ren's gaze pierce into Natsu's arm as he slung it behind my chair in class. I'm sure Natsu could hear every murderous thought that was aimed at him, but he acted unfazed and... happy.

We were both pretty excited about our trip tomorrow.

***

Natsu didn't visit me that night. He wanted to save the excitement for our trip.

When I woke up, Jude's police car was gone. I guessed he really wasn't lying when he said he would be gone the entire day. It was ten in the morning.

I practically ripped my closet apart looking for something to wear. Natsu didn't give me any clue as to what we were doing or where we were going, so I was grasping at straws.

I settled on a blue tank top and my crème floral skirt. The forecast showed that it would be sunny the majority of the day, a rarity for Magnolia. I grabbed my matching blue cardigan, in case it did get chilly, and because I didn't like showing that much skin.

I took a shower, scrubbing my scalp with my strawberry shampoo and wrapping my body in a towel when I finished. After blow drying my blonde locks, I pinned a section up with a red flower pin, and combed my bangs down. The back of my hair that was loose tickled my shoulders while I fastened my light blue converse on.