Chapter Eleven

"... cy... oocy... Lucy!" I snapped out of shocked trance and blinked, looking back at my worried looking friends, "Lucy, what is wrong with you? You've gotten all shook." Cana said.

I stared at her, and then slowly turned my gaze back to the Dreyers. They all laughed at something only they would understand, and I furrowed my eyebrows. I could feel my face heating up already.

"Lucy, what are you staring at?" Cana pressed, and just as she said that, the long-lost Natsu Dragneel turned his gaze directly to me. I let my eyes fall to make it seem I was looking at something else. My gaze then traveled toward the floor. I didn't know if I convinced him, hell I didn't care either. All I did care about was that he was back. 

Was this good or bad? I didn't know.

However, the bell sounded again and interrupted my thoughts. I glanced at the pink-haired boy one more time to see him still looking at me before looking at my friends, "See you guys at lunch." I said, grabbing my bag from my seat and walking towards the entrance doors of the café. My friends called after me, but I ignored them for once and exited the lunchroom.

I walked down the right hallway to Journalism. I was the only one in the hall for a moment until students finally left the cafeteria and came through the school entrances. I speed-walked to my first class and entered as the first student.

"Mornin', Lucy." Laki greeted, and I smiled lightly at her.

"Hi." I simply said, and I sat down at my usual seat behind Levy's desk. I took out my sketchbook and started freehand drawing some designs and characters. I was absentminded all the while, thinking about what would come of my next class period, Physics. I had gotten so used to the empty lab seat next to me, so used to not wondering if those mint green eyes were gazing at me when I wasn't looking. And so goddamn used to not being ignored. It wasn't a good feeling, even if I didn't know Natsu very well, I hated feeling unwanted by anyone. It was like a waste of everyone's time, if you asked me.

But would he ignore me? He'd been gone a long time, what if the whole façade was exactly that? Something temporary. And what if I imagined it? What if my ego got the best of me and I assumed he was acting to intentionally avoid me?

I hadn't done anything to him, so it was hard to understand why he suddenly tuned me out.

Then I realized how foolish I sounded. Why was I wasting time over someone who obviously didn't give two shits about me? Assumptions or not, I could confidently say he'd gotten silent with me. So, what was the point?

Next period, I would ignore him, whether he approached me or not.

"Hey, Lu, are you okay?" I heard a soft voice say. I looked up to the voice's owner.

"Yeah, Lev, why?"

"I don't know, Jellal said you seemed a little pissy." She said, her dark chestnut eyes searching my face for closure. I smiled.

"Jellal mentioned me?" I asked, a little taken back that her blue-haired brother even noticed me. He only ever looked at Erza.

"Yeah, he's really good at reading people. Is there something wrong?" Her gorgeous face stood with worry, and my heart melted a little at the sweet gesture.

"No, nothing I can't handle. In fact, nothing at all. I just... I saw something I didn't expect to see." I explained, and she chuckled slightly.

"Oh, I see." She nodded, and I got a little anxious to know what she knew. I didn't want her to know how I thought about her adoptive brother. Levy was a good friend, but if I was gonna play all this as I wanted, I didn't want her or anyone to blab. Then Natsu would know that I didn't really count him as nonexistent.