Moonshine - "Prince" Henry Peletier

Summary: Henry gets wasted and drunkenly confesses he likes you.

Word Count: 600

Warnings: vomiting, some curse words

Request: An Imagine where Henry is drunk off moonshine and he confesses how he likes the reader (they've known each other for years now)

It was your's and Henry's first night at Hilltop and Gage, Addy, and Rodney had convinced both of you to sneak out to their secret hideout just outside of the walls

Gage and the others lead you and Henry through the woods to a small clearing and little shack. Inside the shack was a small setup with some chairs and other things that were used for entertainment purposes. Addy and Rodney settled in quickly, taking a seat. They motioned for you and Henry to do the same as Gage leaves to find something. You both continue to stand, and Gage comes back with a jar filled with some liquid a moment later.

You watch as Gage unscrews the lid of the jar and takes a swig of the liquid, scrunching up his face.

"The finest moonshine in all of Hilltop!" Gage shouts, passing the jar to Rodney.

Henry catches your eye and you shrug, taking a seat next to Addy who is now sipping on moonshine.

"Here, Y/N," Addy says, passing the moonshine over to you."Your turn."

"Oh, no. I don't think that's a good idea," You pass the jar back to her, wary of what could happen if you got drunk.

"Suit yourself," She says. "How 'bout you?" Addy passes the jar to Henry.

Henry grips the jar, lifting it to his lips and taking a big swig of moonshine. He cringes at the taste as it goes down his throat.

"Atta boy!" Gage shouted, clapping Henry on the shoulder. "Go on, have another sip," He pressured.

Henry complied, handing the jar to Gage when he was finished. It was clear that the alcohol was taking full effect as Henry wobbled in place, losing his balance. He tumbles into the seat next to you, nearly crushing you. You help him sit up straight as the other laugh.

"We're gonna go get some air," Addy says, her laughter dying down. "Have fun you two," She calls as her, Rodney, and Gage exit the shack.

The shack is quiet now, save for Henry's incoherent mumbling. You nudge Henry's shoulder, releasing a chuckle. "You just can't hold your liquor, huh?"

"I guess not," Henry laughs, leaning back in his seat.

Some time passes by and you decide that it's time to go. You help Henry up, throwing his arm over your shoulder. Right as you make it back inside the walls of Hilltop, Henry begins to feel sick, clutching his stomach.

"I'm not going to make it, Y/N," Henry says, looking pale.

"What-"

Then he retched on your shoes.

"Oh shit," Henry groans. "I just threw up on the girl I like."

You're disgusted and somehow happy at the same time. You ignore his drunken confession and guide him to his living quarters. Once he's settled in his bed, you leave.

The next morning Henry is mortified as he sits next to you during breakfast. He remembers every little detail of the night before and he groans, both from embarrassment and a killer hangover.

"So, is it true?" You ask him. "You like me?

Henry nods. "I've liked you for a while now."

You lean towards him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I like you too.""But there is one thing I like more."

Henry smirks in response, "Oh yeah? What's that?"

"Clean shoes," You say deadpan, watching as the smirk falls off Henry's face.

You drop your dirty shoes in front of him. "Come find me when they're clean," You wink, standing from your seat and walking off.

"Shit," Henry mutters, laughing as he watches you go.