The Storm - "Prince" Henry Peletier

This is from my tumblr jude-grimes

Summary: A storm delays Carol and Henry's trip to hilltop, allowing you and Henry time to confess hidden feelings.

Word Count: 1.5k

Warnings: Kissing

(not my gif, credit to riveralwaysknew on tumblr)

Today was the day that Carol and Henry were leaving the kingdom for hilltop. Henry had taken an interest in blacksmith and decided he wanted to be an apprentice. However, Ezekiel had trouble letting him go. Henry was nearly an adult now, seventeen years old but to him, he was still a little boy that needed protecting. And then there was you, who had been found outside of the kingdom only two years ago. You where all alone and Ezekiel quickly took you under his wing. Being the same age as Henry, the two of you became close as well and eventually developed a deep emotional attachment to each other. Neither you or Ezekiel wanted Henry to go, afraid of never seeing him again.

Before either of you could protest against him leaving, Carol pulled you both aside as Henry loaded up the caravan. "He's not a little kid anymore, Ezekiel. You need to let him go," Carol said, looking back at Henry who was almost finished. She turned her attention back to you, "And I know you care about him Y/N, but you need to do the same. I promise both of you, he will be fine."

"You're right, my queen," Ezekiel relented and you faced Carol, nodding your head in agreement with him."Everything's ready, Mom," Henry announced as he came strolling over to you three. You and Carol stepped aside so Ezekiel and his son could say goodbye. For a brief moment Henry and you locked eyes, but you ignored it and continued walking with Carol. When you where both far enough away, Carol halted, stopping you in your tracks. You raised a questioning brow at her and she took your hand in hers, leading you to sit down on some crates nearby.

"Is something wrong, Carol?"

"No, its just that I wanted you to know that on our way to hilltop, we'll be visiting Daryl. I want him to come to hilltop with us so he can keep an eye on Henry. I can't stay there and I'll feel better knowing someone's watching his back."

You nodded, feeling a weight lift off of your shoulders. You knew Daryl and you trusted him with your life, after all he had been the one to find you on your own and bring you to the Kingdom where it was safe. You knew Henry would be in good hands. "That makes me feel better. I'm just worried."

"I know. I am too," Carol spoke, clearing her throat as she saw Henry walking towards you. You and Carol stood quickly, Carol dismissing herself to go find Ezekiel, leaving Henry and you by yourselves.

"Hey, Y/N. I came to say goodbye," Henry said smiling,"And to ask if you would come with me?''

"Henry, I can't," you tell him, watching as his smile fades a bit,"I'm needed here at the Kingdom, but I swear if I could then I would."