Chapter Seven

Holland's Pov:

"Wake up, Holland." I heard a stern voice say to me. I sat up abruptly as I looked up at my boss. She glared down at me, her foot tapping on the floor. "Have a nice rest?"

"No ma'am, I was just resting my eyes," I said as I cleared my throat, avoiding eye contact.

"Do you have  the print preview for Next Month's issue ready for me?" She asked as she thankfully ignored my slip up. I shifted some papers on my desk, falling upon the work she wanted and handed it over to her with a smile. "Does it have the corrections written down?"

"Yes. They're on pages 14, 34, and 45." I answered, shutting down my computer. She flipped through the preview and only said one word; hm. I sighed as I sat back down. "What's wrong?"

"Tomorrow, I want you to take this down to Andrew, I want him to remove the fall wardrobe and use the other prints." She demanded, throwing the preview back at me. I sighed but nodded my agreement. "Good, also, tomorrow I need to head down to..." And thus, I wrote all the errands I will be doing while working at this hell hole.

Work was miserable, as always. I don't even know why I even worked for that place, I hate reading magazines. I rubbed the back of my neck, heading out the door and towards Broadway street. 'God... I really need to get a car...' It wasn't a bad walk, and I did save lots of money on insurance and gas, but god sometimes I was just so tired. I slipped into my apartment quickly, kicking off my work clothes, and slipping into comfy clothes, taking Astro on a quick walk. 

New York life was as busy as ever, of course, the sidewalks were full of people, some that lived here and some that didn't. I released a deep breath, taking a long sip of coffee, praying that it would keep me awake during class until I got home to sleep. 'I have to talk to Courtney...' I groaned while leaning down to unhook Astro's Leash, watching him bounce happily over to his water bowl. I really didn't want to have that talk. What was I supposed to say? 'Oh hey, I really love that you help me out but uh... I'm not in love with you as much as you are with me?'

I can't do that, She's helped me so much and I just, don't know how to be honest with her. She's so controlling and it just, "Ugh! Is that the time already?" I grabbed a piece of bread before kissing Astro on his head before running out the door.

I walked over to my campus, my backpack slung over my shoulder. Screw getting dressed up, so I just went in my sweats and hoodie, I didn't even care. My mood was so... I don't really know how to explain it. I guess nonchalant? Mellow? Relaxed? No, definitely empty.

Class went on with the extremely hard exam, but I was pretty sure I definitely got at least a B on it. 'Thank god I actually studied for that one...' My so-called friends, kept bugging me for answers, but I ignored them and said my thanks to the professor, leaving out the front door. I sighed as I noticed the snowfall begin. 'Seems early this year.' The minute I got to the front gates of the school, I could see Courtney leaning against her car. She looked up at me, not even bothering to smile as she opened the passenger side door me.

"Hey, Babe." I smiled weakly offering her a kiss. She moved away though, making me feel like an idiot. I averted my eyes while I took a seat, her closing the door. I watched the snowfall gently against the window, noting that she was headed to her studio. I closed my eyes, letting my emotions finally be felt. 

I was depressed, and it was my own fault. Before I fell asleep last night, I read over Audrey's and mine's notebooks that we'd trade back and forth. She'd write me a cute little message, hand it to me and I'd get butterflies and write back to her. My chest felt tight, remembering such a stupid childish memory.

 I  chanced a glance over to Courtney and watched her; she looked angry. She was polar opposite than myself; short black hair, a pale complexion, and deep brown eyes. She was boyish in basically every way. She hated any music that wasn't rock or punk rock, she hated discussions about anything important, she hated art and finds it a waste of time, she loves to go to parties, she loved watching horror movies, and she just wasn't anything like me. It wasn't a bad thing, just...