Chapter 7

"Ahhh finally we're back to our normal genders!" Ender says. "Yeah and so is she..." Xeo sighs looking at Lily's pale body. "She's going to be okay..." Simple tries reassuring everyone. "She can't be okay! Her body is getting worse by the hour!" Swift says. The group just stares as the TV goes off once more.

"All players report to the courtyard. We have an important announcement that could change the game as we know it."

Everyone looks at each other, then to Lily. "Okay... We'll be back soon Lily." Cheesy says. They all run out of the room, hoping this information can get everyone out of the game. They arrive to see all the living players. We look into the sky to see a news report from the real world playing. They do this every so often, when news about the game is on. "10 players have awoken from the Sword Heroes game. The first one to respond was a girl name Raptor. Her helmet started to glow red when she woke up. A few minutes later she went back into her normal state. One by one, a few players did the same. But only one person witnessed it right before them. A brother of the player, Lily, was visiting her when she started to wake up. A security camera caught everything."

A video plays of Lily awake in the hospital. Everyone gasps as footage from the others play.

"The players can not take their helmets off. We spoke with the people who created the game only to get the statement 'We are unclear how these 10 woke up. We believe there could be an error in the game. Right now as we speak, those players are in the conditions you've seen as they slept. Now as you can see they are asleep. They're stuck between the real world and game world. The only way they can live is if they make it back to the game world. If they make it to the real world, they'll be unable to remove the headset, which means they'll be unable to move for the rest of their lives.' They have no control of where they are going. All we can do is wait and see. The creators also say that they will have amnesia for a few days, severe chest pain, and trouble breathing. Please keep watch over the players. Thank you and have a nice day."

Faint mumbling can be heard from players.

"They're never going to wake up."

"They are screwed."

The group looks around as everyone begins to lose hope. "What if they don't wake up?" Simple asks, shaking slightly. "They will." Rous says with confident. "I hope..." She mumbles, less confident. "I'm worried about Lily... And Raptor and Wild." Athena says looking at the floor. "Come on, let's go back... We need to watch Lily." Xeo says, beginning to walk back to the house.

Lily is laying there, pale as ever. She's sweating and shaking. "Lily you idiot." Swift sighs. "Well who's going to watch her first...?" Simple sighs. Silence fills the room. "I'll watch her." Mango raises her hand. "Alright... We'll switch every few hours." Mary says. The rest of the group leaves the room as Mango sits on the floor. "Why her... Why not me..." Swift slumps on the couch. "I'm such a bad leader!" She groans. "No your not.... Swift you can't control an error in a system." Anna says, looking at the floor. "But... It's my job to keep everyone safe!" Swift buries her head into her hands. The group exchanges glances before Xeo sighs. "Swift. Don't feel that way... Lily wouldn't leave us like this." He crosses his arms, leaning back into the couch. Swift stays quiet as Ender nudges Xeo. "We also... Wanted to join your guild..." He looks away. "Seriously?!" Cheesy gasps. Ender nods, smiling. "We'll have to leave our Guild... But we want to be apart of your's." Scar says. "Well... We'll gladly accept you." Swift smiles.

Weeks later...

It's been reported that two players woke up in the real world. The odd thing about this is they were able to do remove the helmets. They're in psychical therapy as we speak. The group is torn between what can happen to Lily. They want her to come back to the game, as it would never be the same with her. But yet, they want her to get back to the real world. So she'll defiantly be safe.

Xeo and Simple sit in the room, watching her. The rest of thr group is out, buying supplies and just hanging out. "Xeo what do you think will happen?" Simple looks at his friend, who is staring at his hands. "I'm not sure... Honestly... We all don't know what would be best." Xeo sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "She'll be safe in the real world but.." Xeo begins. "We'd miss her." Simple sighs. "Exactly." Xeo looks up at him. They hear a loud gasp and somone crying in pain. 

"Player Lily has Signed on."

 The two boys look up at the girl, holding her chest as she sobs in pain.

~~~

Lily's POV

 It feels like months.

I've been walking in this darkness, my body getting worse and worse as I go. How do I get out? What even happened? Why me? I see a white light in the distance, my eyes slowly widening. I begin running toward the light. Please let this be good.

 I wake up, sitting up and crying. It feels like someone has stabbed me through the chest. My eyes dart around the room as I try to remember where I am. I can't remember anything before waking up to see Drake. Why? I look to see two boys, sitting on the floor, completely pale. "Who the hell are you?!" I say through sobs. "Lily it's us..." The boy with spiky hair says. "Lily..." The other boy says. "Who are you! I-I don't know either of you!" I yell. Another chest pain causes me to fall back down onto the bed. " Crap...." The spiky hair boy says. "Just breathe and relax! We'll explain everything soon!" He says. I look up at them, tears blurring my vision.

"Trust us."