Chapter 2

We enter the room, only for a giant furry creature to turn to us. It has green fur, silver ears, and is wearing a skirt of some sort. It holds a giant axe that looks to be at least 200 pounds. "Okay! Start attacking!" Silver commands, running forward. "Wait!" I shout about to chase him. Xeo grabs my wrist before I can even move. I look up at him and his eyes widen as he stares forward. I turn my head to see Silver, impaled right through the chest. "Oh my god..." His body glitches out as we all scream. The monster that killed him stares at us, waiting for us to make a move. I notice more and more monster spawning. "Okay everyone! Start fighting the monsters! If the boss comes toward you, be prepared to attack it!" A boy with spiky hair says. Everyone nods in agreement. "Come on start fighting." Xeo says jumping up, slaying one of the monsters in one hit. I run toward a monster, avoiding the spear thrown at me. The monster tries to get the spear back but I slice its head off. I quickly turn around in time to see another spear. I duck as it barely misses my head. I knock the monster down before slaying it.

I look to see everyone occupied with monsters. The boss looks right at me before charging. His axe glows red as he runs toward me. Wait for it... "Lily what the hell are you doing?!" Swift yells. Before the boss can swing his axe I jump up. He stares at me before I quickly stab his eye. He shouts in pain as I take my sword out. I jump on his head as everyone stares. "Mind helping?" I say before everyone runs toward the boss. "Switch!" Xeo yells. I nod, jumping of the monster. Xeo jumps up and slashes his neck. The boss yelps, quickly swing his axe. He hits a few people and they fade away. "This is why Level 1's shouldn't run into a boss battle!" A girl with brown hair and blonde tips says. "Xeo Switch!" Swift yells up toward Xeo. He jumps by my side, almost messing up his landing. I help him balance as he looks away. "You gotta work on that." I mumble before looking up to see Swift slash his chest. The boss shouts in pain before trying to hit Swift. Swift quickly jumps off and slashes his arm along the way. The boss hits himself in the face with the axe, groaning in pain. "Swift switch!" I yell and she nods, pointing her sword at me. I jump onto the boss's arm, running up it to reach the skull. I stab his skull before he screams one last time before fading away. I flail my arms and legs as I fall to the ground. Someone catches me and I open my eyes to see the boy who took command smiling at me. "Thanks." I mumble before he helps me stand. "Congratulations! You defeated the Boss "Axe Wolf!" Xeo, Lily, and Swift's parties have gained 750 XP! Parties obtained: Wolf fur, Steel pieces, 500 Coins!"

Everyone cheers and Xeo looks away. "Come on let's go before more enemies spawn!" The boy commands as we run out of the cave. I get a notification and I open my menu. "Xeo has left your party." I look at him and he stays silent, like he hasn't done a thing. "Come on guys let's celebrate!" A girl with pink hair says. Everyone nods in agreement. I look away from Xeo, not saying another word to him. Maybe I should go and upgrade my gear...? No... Not yet.. I won't need to for awhile. "Lily come on!" Swift grabs my wrist. "Huh?!" I begin. "We're going to celebrate!" Her friend says. "I don't do celebrations..." I begin looking away. "Come on! You did help us beat the boss!" The boy says. I stare them before sighing. "Okay fine... The only reason it was so easy to beat was because he stabbed himself." I say. They smile, dragging me back to the main town. I see Xeo walk off toward the apartments.

"Cheers to beating the first boss!" Everyone raises their glass. We all begin eating when Swift looks at me. "Oh yeah! You haven't been introduced to everyone." She gulps down a piece of bread. "Guys go ahead..." She sips her drink. "My name is Cheesy." The girl with brown hair and blonde tips says. She wear a grey dress with grey gloves and grey boots. "The name is Simple." The boy who took control smiles. He wears a blue jacket and a black shirt. His jeans are checkered and he wears white boots. " I'm Mango!" The girl with pink hair smiles. She wears a green jacket with a familar design on it. She has a white shirt underneath it and wears light blue jeans with black boots. "Well I'm Lily. It's nice to meet y-you all.." I stutter. Damn't still the same as real life. "Well now that we all know each other we should form a guild!" Swift suggests. "That sounds good to me!" Simple takes a bite of his food. "Yeah I like that!" Cheesy nods. "Yeah! What do you say Lily...?" Mango looks at me. "I mean... I guess it's better then being alone..." I say. "I'll take that as a yes!" Simple says. " Care to share our levels..?" Swift says. "Not here." I say looking around at other players. "Oh... You're one too." Cheesy whispers. "That's why you let the boss run at you..." She continues."Let's go to my place." I say and they all nod in agreement.