Earth Sister

Chapter 15

We hid under his tent for what seemed like hours. I mean, I wanted a rest after all of the running, but I didn't want to spend the rest of my life stuck under this stupid tent.

"How long are we supposed to wait?" Jasper asked.

"Will this even work?" Monroe questioned.

"We'll find out," Finn said.

"Right, that's it. I've had enough," I said before removing myself from the others.

"Quinn, wait!" Kai alerted me.

However, it was too late. I was out of the tent.

"False alarm, there's no fog".

The others begun to join me outside of the tent.

"What were you thinking?" Bellamy questioned in an annoyed tone.

"I was thinking that I was done waiting for nothing to happen".

"Guys, they're coming back," Kai said.

"I think he's alone," Jasper whispered.

"Now can we run?" Monroe asked.

"He doesn't see us," Bellamy said. "We're going after him".

"And what? Kill him?" Finn questioned.

"No. Catch him. Make him tell me where Octavia is. Then kill him".

"How do we know he's not leading us into another trap?" Jasper asked.

"We don't," Finn stated before we all followed Bellamy.

Following the grounder wasn't easy. He fled the scene fast, meaning that we had to be faster. But being as heavily pregnant as I was, speed wasn't really my strong point.

Eventually, we reached a large hatch. So this is where he's been holding her captive. We all begun climbing down to the underground area, however, just as it was my turn, I was stopped by Bellamy Blake.

"Quinn, maybe you should stay up here. Keep guard for us, okay?"

"You want to leave the heavily pregnant woman up here, all alone?"

"Monroe will stay with you," he said before turning to her. "Won't you, Monroe?"

Monroe nodded before she stood beside me.

"Sexiest much?"

"Pregnant much?"

I shut up after that before letting the guys do the heavy lifting.

"So, you're pregnant with Bellamy's kid?" she said, attempting to make conversation.

"Not for long. I have a feeling the kid will be here pretty soon".

"Are you excited?"

"Nervous is the word I'd use".

"Don't worry. I'm sure you and Bellamy will be amazing parents".

"That's what I'm afraid of".

Silence lingered for a small moment before the sound of footprints suddenly appeared. Our heads turned, but delight wasn't what we felt.

"Finn..."

~

Speed became a whole new thing to me as we raced through the trees, and back to camp. We weren't running from someone, but to someone. Clarke, to be exact. Finn had been stabbed by the grounder, who held Octavia captive. Apparently he had been kind to her. Even helped her leg. But I call bullshit on the whole thing. He wasn't doing it out of the kindness of his heart, he did it because he wanted to lure her in. You know, feed the children with candy and then eat them. Or something like that, my mind is a little blurry when it comes to Hansel and Gretel.