Everything Is Lost

Chapter 7

We got back to camp okay. The panther that Wells had shot was carried by Bellamy and Murphy whilst the rest of us helped carry Jasper.

"Is he?" Monty asked as he saw his best friend being carried.

"He's alive. I need boiler water and stripes of bandage," Clarke explained.

I watched from afar, Bellamy and Murphy throw the bloody panther in front of everyone.

"Who's hungry?" Bellamy shouted.

Their response were cheers, which I could hardly blame them for. I was just as hungry as they were. The baby cravings weren't helping either.

I quickly helped Clarke aid to Jasper before sitting on a nearby rock, and watching the meat cook.

In a short amount of time, dinner was ready. However, it wasn't as simple as that. Bellamy and Murphy had made everyone pay for their food.

In order to eat, you needed to remove your wristband. Mostly everyone agreed to this. Apart from Finn, myself and Clarke. I wasn't worried, though. I knew I could get food the moment I walked over there. How did I know this? Well, it was simple. I was carrying Bellamy's child so he had to let me eat.

I suddenly arose to my feet before quickly collecting my dinner.

"Wait a minute. What, you think you play by different rules?" Murphy asked me.

"Bellamy's not gonna let me starve," I stated, grabbing Bellamy's attention instantly. "Isn't that right, Bell?"

Bellamy didn't say anything and neither did Murphy. I grinned before walking away with my dinner. Finn managed to do the same for Clarke, but obviously in a different way. Out of everyone, we were the only ones who managed to get food without removing our wristbands. We must be the lucky ones.

~

"So, I've got this theory," a familiar voice begun, causing me to jump out of my own skin.

I had been resting as peacefully as I could - despite the fact that I still had my nightmares - to only be woken up by John Murphy. My heart pounded fast, causing my hand to rest over my chest.

"Jesus, John. Why'd you have to scare me like that?"

A grin appeared on his face before he moved a little closer to me. "Scaredy cat".

"Yeah, you would be too if someone tried to give you a freaking heart attack".

His grinned developed into laughter, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Did you actually come here for a reason? Or did you just want to scare me to death?"

"I have a theory that I'd like to share with you".

This should be good. I quickly sat up and begun to straighten out my body. My hair was a mess and my stomach was half showing, which caused me to pull down my shirt immediately. No way did John need to see that.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Go for it".

"So, last night I detected something. An interesting vibe from you and Bellamy".

Oh no. He knew. John knew about the baby.

"Interesting vibe? What are you talking about?"

"He let you eat food without removing your wristband".

"So did you, remember?"

"After Bellamy didn't say anything to stop you".

"And you didn't with Finn".