Earth

Chapter 1

I sat at the edge of my bed whilst tracing my pregnant stomach. Enormous could not even describe how big I felt at the moment. I had one month left of my pregnancy and I couldn't wait for it to be over. The endless cramps, hormonal mood swings, and backache were torture. My ankles were swollen, my body was exhausted, and all I wanted was to just go back to being a regular teen. My mistake was the one thing I wish I could change. The one thing that destroyed my entire life. And now, all that was left to do was to wait to die on my eighteenth birthday. I had only a few months left before my birthday but that would be long after the baby's birth. I often wondered what would happen to the baby after it's born. Would they pass it off to a random family? Or would they end the little life growing inside of me moments after it's arrival? I didn't know. I simply didn't know.

All of a sudden, the door swung open and two guards emerged from the outside.

"Prisoner 342, stand up against the wall," ordered one of the guards.

"Why? What's going on?" my voice trailed off in a slight panic.

"Just do as you're told," the other one said.

"I'm not doing anything till you tell me what's going on!"

A tight grip appeared on my arm just as I was dragged over to the wall.

"Stand up straight!"

"It's kind of hard when you're the size of a whale," I huffed.

"And who's fault is that?"

Silence flooded throughout my body as I thought about how I got into this mess in the first place. One guy came to mind. The guy that I despised more than anything. And the guy I never ever wanted to see again.

"Hold out your arm," the guard instructed.

"Pretty bracelet," I said sarcastically as they placed a wristband on my right arm. "What's it for?"

"You'll see".

I suddenly felt them injected something into my neck before darkness occurred.

~

I woke up confused about where I was. The room was filled with several teenagers just like me... well, except for the pregnancy. I looked down and noticed that I was strapped to a chair. Well this is more kinky than I expected for my death. Maybe I should've shown my appreciation to the guards who removed me from my cell.

As I continued to look around me, I noticed a blonde to the left of me who just couldn't stop staring at my stomach.

"What?"

"Nothing," she said quickly before looking away.

On her right was the Chancellor's son, Wells Jaha. Great. Just great. Death could never be easy, could it? Everybody knew who Wells was because wherever one went, the other followed. They were so alike, and so extremely annoying.

All of a sudden, the screen came on and Jaha appeared.

"Speak of the devil," I muttered to myself.

"Prisoners of The Ark, here me now. You've been given a second chance and as your Chancellor it is my hope that you see this as a chance not just for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for Mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there, if the odds of survival were better we would have sent others, frankly we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable and if however you do survive then those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean. The dropsight has been chosen carefully before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain it was to be stocked with enough parachutes to sustain three hundred people for up to two years," Jaha explained.