Girls! Girls ! Girls !

Chapter one : Girls! Girls ! Girls !

"Gather 'round, ladies," Madam Pink called out, the nightly roster clutched in her hand. As she tucked a stray pink lock behind her ear, she began to read, "Malta, you've been selected as the tour guide. It seems Pavi has been very pleased with you lately. Also please stay back so we can have a little chat"

What was this about? Another punishment for attempting to flee? As the rest of the girls' names were announced, their faces lit up with anticipation. A few glanced my way, rolling their eyes. It seemed I was the flavor of the month. But it's not like I had a say in the matter - if I don't perform, I'll be dismissed.

I glanced around the room, despising every corner of it. The walls, a dismal blend of dark reds and blacks, absorbed all joy from the room, with only our flamboyant costumes offering a splash of color.

"Malta," Madam Pink approached me as the other girls dispersed, preparing for the evening's performance.

"Yes?" I replied, attempting to sound courteous. I didn't particularly dislike her; she was rather pleasant. But she was Pavi's right-hand woman.

"Pavi has bestowed upon you the honor of accompanying his brother Luigi to the opera in a few days," Pink announced with a grin. Was this supposed to be good news? Luigi was infamous for his volatile temper! I could end up sliced in half if I spent time with him, but I couldn't refuse an order.

I returned Pink's smile, remaining silent. Her eyes twinkled with amusement. What was she going to say next?

"Everything is taken care of - your gown, your makeup, and your hair will all be handled by professionals. You'll also need a new face; we've scheduled your surgery after the show," Pink announced, causing my smile to falter. I knew surgery was inevitable but I didn't expect it to be this soon. My heart ached - I despised this place, but I was stuck. It was a waking nightmare. "Cheer up, this is a prestigious opportunity. If Luigi takes a fancy to you, you'll belong to him exclusively."

Terrific, just what I always wanted  - to be a personal punching bag for someone to vent his frustrations. Does she think I'm oblivious? I've seen the tabloids, I've seen him here. He's an arrogant, wealthy man who's always had everything handed to him on a silver platter and more.

"Now, go prepare yourself," Pink commanded dismissively, flicking her hand to indicate that I should leave. Well, this is the last night with this face, let's make it memorable.

I exited the room, heading towards the dressing area. As I opened the doors, I was met with the excited chatter of the other girls. They were all close, while I remained a solitary figure. I didn't crave companionship, knowing all too well the potential for betrayal. It wasn't that I considered myself superior... even if that's what they believed.

I approached my mirror. The initial thrill gradually subsided as everyone busied themselves with their preparations. Applying my makeup and dressing as slowly as I could, I tried to stretch the night, to delay the inevitable. I despised the idea of altering my face. Once, I would've been thrilled, but now... now, I just felt nauseous.

Let's make this show a spectacle. I stared at my reflection one last time before the curtain closed.
                                                      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The illumination was faint and the whispers of people echoed from beyond the drapes. I inhaled profoundly, acknowledging that this would be the final occasion anyone would behold this image of me. I was fond of this face, it radiated beauty. Who could predict how my next one might appear?

As the curtains began to part, I found myself solitary amidst the dazzling stage light. The audience gazed upon me with anticipation, but I was no Blind Mag. Merely a cheap amusement.

 SONG - Girls Girls Girls by Emily Autumn

"Step right up

We bring to you the finest entertainment

And I am pleased to be your humble servant

Accept our hospitality, indulge in abnormality" I started to sing. As the of my song increased, more female dancers joined the performance, forming neat rows on the stage. I concentrated as best as I could given the situation.

While continuing to sing, I glided to the edge of the stage and spotted a man I had never seen before. If he had been here prior, surely, he would have been embedded in my memory. He stood out from the crowd, his long hair and unsettling grin setting him apart from the rest. Unlike the other men who were dressed in formal suits, he chose to wear a long black jacket. There was an odd allure about him. However, regretfully, I had to tear my gaze away from him.

I began to move rhythmically across the stage, my thoughts still fixated on him. It felt as if I was solely performing for him, as if he was the only one in the audience.

"To see those

Girls! 

Girls! 

Girls" As I belted out the final notes of my song, I was certain that this performance was dedicated to him, and this would be the last time he would see me like this. But who was he? I needed to know! Then, I caught sight of a young girl draping her arm around his shoulders - not just any girl, but Amber Sweet, the sister of my boss. Was he one of her minions? I found it hard to believe. I saw him discreetly hand her something out of the corner of my eye. It was contained in a tiny glass vial. Zydrate!

My heart skipped a beat. He was a grave robber!