Dangerous Wedding

Chapter 27 - Dangerous Wedding

"It's time," Madam Pink declared, adjusting the train behind me.

My heart pounded as I clutched the flowers tightly in my trembling hands. Nervousness mingled with anticipation as I yearned for this chapter to come to an end. The finish line was within reach.

Two Genterns swung open the double doors, flooding the room with blinding lights. I squinted, allowing my eyes to adjust to the brightness as the gentle melody of a harp filled the air.

Luigi stood on the stage of the opera house, dressed impeccably in a sleek white suit. He looked almost handsome, a sight I had never witnessed before. Pavi, his best man, wore a new face. Amber, in a slick black dress that left little to the imagination, stood on the other side. The entire room was adorned with white and red roses, a symbol of love and passion.

With my heart racing, I began my journey down the aisle.

As I made my way towards the stage, a flurry of memories flashed before my eyes. The pain and heartache, the countless nights of tears, the lies and death that had haunted me for far too long. But today, it would all come to an end.

Approaching the stage, I locked eyes with Luigi, catching a flicker of recognition in his gaze. Regret danced across his face, but it was too late for apologies. This was my moment to break free from his grasp and reclaim my life.

The guests watched with bated breath, their eyes fixed on me. Whispers filled the room, but I remained steadfast in my purpose. I searched for Henna and Nicolai, placed closer to the front, both radiantly elegant.

With each step, the harp music grew louder, its melody echoing through the grand hall. It felt as though the music itself was urging me forward, pushing me towards my freedom.

Upon reaching the stage, Pavi extended his hand towards me, his eyes filled with sadness. For a brief moment, I hesitated, contemplating the life I had endured under his control. Today, it would all come to an end... And then I noticed the face he wore, it was my mother. Anger surged within me, but I suppressed it, refusing to let him see my true emotions.

Taking a deep breath, I placed my trembling hand in his, forcing a fake smile onto my face. This was my final act, my opportunity to rewrite the ending of a story filled with pain.

Pavi led me towards his brother, exchanging nods with Luigi. As Luigi took my hand from Pavi's, a true happiness radiated from him, and I couldn't help but wish he despised me. It would make everything so much easier.

The ceremony commenced, the officiant's words serving as a backdrop to the whirlwind of emotions raging within me. I scanned the room, observing the excited faces of the guests, the government officials scattered without. And then, to my surprise, I noticed the Malta clones in the front row. How could they be here? Why would Pavi bring them? My heart skipped a beat. Had he orchestrated this to destroy my confidence? Was this his way of getting back at me for following Amber's orders?

I refused to let it consume me. This would all be over soon, and perhaps I could save those poor girls from their treacherous existence.

"Now, Luigi will speak his vows," the officiant announced. Luigi's smile grew wider as he turned to me, ready to declare his seemingly undying love...

The air grew still as the moment approached.

"This may deviate from the traditional vows, but I want to make it clear that regardless of Malta's past, she is now my wife," Luigi's voice resonated, capturing the attention of the guests. Hushed whispers filled the room, curiosity piqued.

Song- Dangerous Woman by Rosenfield

Luigi: Sweet talk and pretty face
I got beat at my own game
You came around
Made me lose my mind
A lovely crime
Around a glass of wine
Oh, you broke into my sinful life
You shot me down and stole my heart
With just a look, you locked me up
I guess it's bad luck
You're a dangerous woman
Call a priest, call my mother
'Cause Lucifer is going back to being an angel
I've found redemption in a foxy incarnation
I'm giving up my reign in Hell to spend a day in Eden
You're the best woman for the worst of men
You bring some Heaven to my wicked land
Cross my heart and hope to die
You leave me high and dry
You're a dangerous woman
You heard my prayers
My cry for danger
You came down to me like the darkest of angels
But your salvation
Feels like damnation
I'm prey to the worst of assassinations
You're a dangerous woman
Just like cyanide
I will breathe your lies
You could break my heart
And I would still come right back
You caught me off guard
I have lost this fight
So come on and end me
I'm at your mercy
You're a dangerous woman