Article #3: Percabeth

Come on, we all ship them. Ever since the first book, we were all sure Percy and Annabeth would get together at some point. With each book, their relationship has become stronger and stronger.

In the Lightning Thief, Percy and Annabeth first met, starting as enemies. (We'll never forget the iconic 'You drool in your sleep.' line!) She and Grover joined him on his quest for the lightning bolt and revealed some of her background to him, even though they had just met a while ago.

Fast forward to the Titan's Curse and, even though Percy was not chosen for the quest to find Artemis, he followed the group to save Annabeth afterwards. At the end, he asks Annabeth to dance at the end of the book, which is just adorable. And the best thing - she says yes!

In the Battle of the Labyrinth, Annabeth gives Percy a kiss for 'good luck' before he fought the telkhines near Hephaestus's forge. It was their first kiss, and might I say quite rushed.

At the end of the Last Olympian, they finally had a proper kiss, underwater thanks to the campers throwing them into the canoe lake. They began dating after that.

Moving on to the House of Hades, the book which describes their time in Tartarus. "'My friend is dying. Can you cure him or not?' Her voice caught on the word friend. Percy was a lot more than that. Even boyfriend didn't really cover it." -The House of Hades.

We can see that they have completely bonded by the fact that Annabeth called Percy her friend. Not boyfriend, but friend. The reason their relationship is so strong is because they first met when they were 12. It's been a good few years. They were bound to get together, if not become close friends, at a point. Let's hope they stay together! If not... Rick Riordan's going to get killed by a huge fandom, let me tell you that!

By I_Blame_The_Nargles

Edited by pluviophile_bookworm