Oneshot: The Twins

Percy knocked on the door of the Chase's white house, and Mrs. Chase opened it a few moments later. "Hey, Mrs. Chase," he said politely. "I'm here to pick up Annabeth."

"Of course, of course." Mrs. Chase led him down the hallway and pointed to a room on the left. "That's her room. She should be in there."

"Thanks!" Percy quickly knocked on the door as Mrs. Chase walked away. When no answer came, he slowly creaked it open.

The room was gray and white, with a bed right next to a desk and a closet on the opposite side of the room. Books and papers were strewn on the bed, desk, and chair, but Annabeth was nowhere to be found.

Percy frowned and closed the door, continuing down the hallway. Then he heard a giggle come from a room a few doors down.

He silently opened the door just a crack, and spotted two sandy-haired children at a table covered in Legos. Annabeth was kneeling on the other side of it, helping construct a talk tower.

"No, no, Matthew! You have to either give it a wider base, or put more supports inside of it. Otherwise it will topple over," Annabeth instructed her half-brothers. She picked up a few long, flat Legos and held them out to Matthew. "Try putting supports inside every few inches."

Matthew grasped the blocks and tried fitting them inside the tower, almost knocking the whole structure over, and Annabeth quickly grabbed the swaying tower. "Not like that! Fit it in gently. Here, let me help you."

Percy grinned and leaned on the door frame, watching as she showed Bobby and Matthew how to support the tower. Then Bobby jumped up, grabbed a large toy airplane, yelled, "Incoming!" and smashed the airplane into the tower.

Legos crashed down around the trio, causing Annabeth to leap back in surprise. Matthew rolled in the floor, giggling maniacally, and Annabeth looked shocked for a moment. Then she started laughing, and shook her head. "You kids."

"Do it again!" Matthew shouted gleefully, and immediately Annabeth started collecting Legos to rebuild the tower. Bobby set down his airplane and rushed to help. Together they rebuilt the tower, and this time when Matthew jumped up to crash the airplane, Annabeth caught him around the waist.

"Not this time, you rascal!" she teased, tickling his stomach as he shrieked and laughed. Bobby threw himself on top of them, and Annabeth rolled right into the newly reconstructed Lego tower, causing Legos to rain down on all three again.

The twins squealed and wiggled away from her grasp, and Annabeth chased after them as they scampered away. Percy smiled, watching the siblings play and laugh together.

No one in the world could be a better big sister than Annabeth.

By pluviophile_bookworm