Chapter 9

I finally got to go shopping yesterday for Austin's and Zander's gifts while they were at school. Dad and Billy took me to keep me protected in case that asshole decided to come after me.

After school yesterday Alex brought home Emma and we spent the day harassing the guys while they played on the ps3. Oh that was so much fun. What I decided I'm not going to let what that twerp did affect me. I'm just glad Austin got to him before he got farther than what he did.

Anyway it was fun watching Austin get pissy because I was aggravating him while playing his game. I make him lose. He kept telling me your lucky I love you or I'd kick your ass. I'd sign bring it on mutt smiling. He did bring it once and threw me into the pool. That started our water fight between us all. Mom and Tonya wasn't to happy about it but laughed at us anyway.

I didn't drive in with Austin this morning because I woke up late and I had to do some finishing touches on his gifts. What I had to wrap them so I could give them to him before dinner like I do every year. And I had somewhere to stop. So I didn't get to school until second hour. I just keep bouncing in my seat.

"What's wrong with you?" Zev ask me.

*do you know what today is* I ask him.

"Yes Austin's birthday." he answers rolling his eyes. Whatever grumpy pants. I'm not going to let you rain on my parade. So I stuck my tongue out at him.

"You know mines in three weeks." he tells me. I nod. It is weird that we are born any where from a couple of days to one month apart. I'm not kidding. First it's Austin's then a couple of days later mine and Zander's then a week later it's Kevin's two weeks later Zev's and it just goes in like that.

*yep and I'll be just as excited for yours as I am Austin's* I sign.

"Sure you will." he huffs sarcastically. What the hell is his problem?

*what do you want by the way* I ask. He mutters something like you under his breathe but I ignore it.

"Nothing." he answers.

*oh come on Z don't make me think like I had to with Zander's and Austin's* I sign. He chuckles putting his finger on his lips thinking.

"I don't really know. Let me get back to you on that." he finally says. I nod an okay. When second is over I practically skip to my locker.

"Well your in a good mood today." Emma says. I nod smiling like a loon. I link her arm with mine and I skip to the cafeteria with her skipping and laughing with me.

We go up to lunch line and wait out turn. Oh come on people get your food and go. Yes I'm in a hurry. I want to do this before lunch is over.

"Here you go sugar." Mrs. Tibbs our lunch lady says handing me a cake. I mouth a thank you since my hands were full. "No problem." she says. We walk off with Emma in front so Austin doesn't see it. Since its his eighteenth I went up and got him an extra cake with monster trucks and Happy Birthday Austin in big black letters on it.

We stop a few feet from so she can turn around and light the two candles. A one and an eight. Then we start walking again reaching the table. I see the guys snickering.

"Stay." Emma says holding his shoulders not letting him move.

"Why can't I move?" he ask.

"Because I said so." she tells him. I see him nod and she moves. I lean over and put the cake down kiss his cheek and freeze.

"Its you." he whispers turning around smiling. I just stare at him like a deer caught in the headlights. Holy cow Austin is my mate. This can't be right but I felt the sparks too. What do I do? He deserves someone better. So so much better than me. Someone beautiful not plain. Someone strong. Not a broken little girl. He needs a strong confident alpha female. I'm not.

So I did the only thing I knew to do. I stood up straight turned on my heel and ran.

"Alexis get back here!" he yells at me as I just keep running. I heard him chasing after me but I can run faster if nothing else. So I did. I high tailed it out of school to moms car and took off. I went straight home. I jumped out of the car and ran inside.

"What are you doing home?" mom ask me. I stare at her for a seconds then grab her arm pulling her to my room. "Young lady what is the meaning of this?" she demands once I shut the door.

*he's my mate* I sign to her pacing.

"Who?" she ask confused. I stop giving her a duh look.

*who's birthday is today* I ask pacing again.

"Austin's." she answers in a duh tone. "Oh...oh." and she finally gets it ladies and gentlemen. I roll my eyes as she starts squealing. Really mom? "That's great honey." she says excitedly. I stop and give her a serious look. "Why isn't it a good thing?" she ask me. I sigh heavily.

*mom have you seen the girls that he dates. Look at me I'm plain Jane from cry from model material. Heck mom I don't even speak. Mom he needs someone better than me* I sign.

She starts laughing at me. Gee thanks mom. Way to make me feel better.

"Oh honey." she giggle. "Your right your not model material." blunt much? "Your better." she continues standing up. "Your so much prettier than those models baby girl." she says cupping my face. "You have a natural beauty that takes lots of make up for models to achieve. And as far as you not speaking Austin doesn't care. You two have your own language that we don't even understand. You have since you were little." that's true. "Think about it Alexia. He can read you like a book in ways I can't and your my daughter. When you two were kids and even now all you have to do is look at him and he knows what you want. You don't have to sign to him at all. Why you do it is beyond me. Not only that baby girl but Austin is in love with you always has been." I scoff at that. "Oh honey your blind too." she laughs. I silently laugh at that.

*I am not* I protest signing.

"You are honey. That boy has followed you around like a lost puppy. Protected you before your brother could. He is so in love with you anyone can see it but you." she tells me. Could he really be in love with me and I just missed it?

*I'm rejecting him*

"You can't reject him!" she yells at me.

"Like hell you are!" Austin yells slamming my door open leaving a gaping hole in my wall. I look up at him shocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.