Chapter Five: Animal I Have Become

This is the second attempt at this chapter since the first one was somehow deleted:(
**

Dominik:

I never would've thought that I would have to do so much on my own like moving into college. Back when everything was planned out and I thought I had everything figured out, I was going to be anything but alone, moving into my new apartment right by my college. It was honestly one of the scariest thing I've ever had to do alone, right next to graduation. It was sheer forced independence and it scared me so bad, I just wanted to disappear. If my mom hadn't gone missing and my dad didn't hate me, I'd say that they would be proud of me... but then I remember that if those two things weren't true, they would actually be here and helping me. It's times like this that I'm glad that we all decided that I would be living in an apartment. I don’t think I could handle the crowd and seeing all of these college students with their parents helping them move in.

    I’m also glad that we decided that I would be going out of state for college. This way I am away from home and I don’t have to see dad’s glare knowing it’s me fault that mom left. The only other problem besides the obvious is that a certain someone was planning on going to the same college as I. Yeah, so half of my problems basically followed me here. I’m going to have to see the one guy that I trusted with everything and he betrayed me. He cheated on me and had the nerve to come back to me and be with me right after.

    Isaac is going to be here too… No, he didn’t hurt me, but I was a jerk to him after everything. I shut him out and I told him to leave me alone. I ignored him and I didn’t trust him. After all, if my boyfriend of three years can turn out so horribly, why can’t my friendship with Isaac?

They are both going to be at the same college with me. The one person I want to be the farthest from right now is one of the two people from my past that will be closest to me. The other person I am afraid hates me and won’t ever talk to me again. I’m completely and utterly alone and the feeling suddenly becomes prominent as I’m setting down the last box with my stuff and I lay down on my bed with a sigh. I slump down as I realize I still have to go out and buy food to keep in the apartment that won’t spoil any time soon since I don’t eat much.

This was the animal I had become...

I heave myself back up and sigh again as I grab my wallet and leave the phone laying there, knowing that I don’t have anyone to call and see how I’m settling in. I make it to the door before pausing and remembering my keys on the bed. Once I retrieve my keys, I get on the elevator at the end of the hall and head down through the lobby to the parking lot. I climb into my car and start to wander around, trying to remember where the closest grocery store is.

    After fifteen minutes of driving around, I finally find it and park at the back where nobody had parked. I quickly make my way through the parking lot and enter the doors. I make my way towards the canned foods and grab some soups. Once I had made my way around the store and got what I needed, I was rounding the corner after grabbing milk when I bumped into somebody. I was able to save my milk from dropping out of my hand and looked up to apologize when my eyes met the sight of my mother… With one of the rich guys that used to be our neighbor. The jerk that always found a way to make all of us mad. The guy Dad had always complained about and confronted.

    “Oh!... Nick, sweetie-”I cut her off when my mind registered the old nickname she used to use before I came out.