Chapter 15

Olive opened the door and let Danika in, her guards waiting outside. She looked at Olive in her dressing gown and then to the half naked Phabel by the window who was putting on a cotton business shirt.

'Did I interrupt something?' she whispered.

Olive bit her lip unknowingly as her eyes looked over at Phabel and then back to Danika.

'Oh my god Olive, I'm so sorry, I'll go wait outside.'

'Don't be ridiculous.'

Danika wanted to quiz Olive about what she had interrupted, well at least the p-g version of the events. She did not want to hear about Phabel getting down and dirty with her. Sure he was good looking, holding much of the line that had passed through Lucian's father and his grandmother but that was where she wanted the comparisons to stop. She didn't want to think that Phabel was just as good looking as her husband, nor the fact that they looked quiet similar to each other. Danika wished there was a delete button in her mind, something that could discard disastrous thoughts like that, knowing that if Lucian were to take a trip through it, he might find them. That would be what any husband wants, she scoffed in her mind, to find that his wife thinks another man is just as good looking as he is, worse yet, a relative. She was just grateful that Phabel couldn't read minds and the guards were on the other side of the closed door.

Olive packed her belongings into the bags, her text books into the boxes that Danika had brought. Everything that she owned was in a few boxes and bags, Danika's guards took them to the car while she handed her keys back to the building manager. He had tried to grump at her about the lack of notice but Phabel shut him up with money. Olive wasn't impressed, she didn't want him tossing his money at her problems but she said nothing. She had said goodbye to her old drab apartment and walked out the door for the last time, hoping that she never had to look at the place again. They made a pit stop at the coffee shop, Olive said goodbye to Frannie pretending to be a little upset that she was leaving. The reality was that she was ecstatic, she was sick of making coffees for people who didn't appreciate it.

Danika looked upon the couple in front of her as they drove to Phabel's apartment. It was cheesy but it was perfect. Their fingers were laced together, holding hands and a permanent smile on both of their faces. She had been texting Lucian with little updates, telling him that they were in that sickening phase of longing looks and little giggles. He responded to her, stating that they were like that not so long ago, and much to his delight it had not worn off either.

As the driver slowed, Phabel sweetly kissed Olive and turned into a bug, flying out the window as Danika lowered it for him.

'That is so cool.' Olive grinned as the window went back up.

'I know.'

The driver pulled away, leaving Phabel to attend to his normal morning habits ensuring that if anyone were to look upon him, they would see the professor going about daily life and nothing more.

'So tell me what's happening and keep it clean.'

'Oh it's clean.' she said dryly.

'Sorry.' Danika grinned 'You should have put a sock on your door.'

The two women looked at each other and then burst out laughing.

'It's ok, he is still insisting that we wait a little longer. I was just being difficult. He had another vision, it was pretty brutal on him I think. It knocked him off the stool.'

'That's intense.'

Olive nodded.

'But the memory was a good one. He remembered the food we ate. I wanted him to have more memories. It kills me to think he is suffering without these memories, to know that I have them but he doesn't.'