Chapter 27

The two girls walked into their first class, noting that there was yet another new face. The handsome blonde haired man looked up at the two women with a gorgeous grin. Olive stared at him, his blue eyes were as odd as Brody's.

'Finn, what the hell are you doing here?' Danika snapped.

'Investigating someone as requested by a friend.'

He looked to the pretty young woman beside Danika and smiled at her. Olive flushed and wanted to hide behind Danika.

'It might be wise if you refrain from acknowledging me.'

'Are you here because of the new guy?'

'Yes Phabel was worried about him and I have to say I agree, his surname is not common.'

'What?' Olive frowned 'Connors, not common?'

Danika turned to her realising that a little explanation was in order.

'To a human it is not uncommon but to a werewolf, which Brody and Finn are, it is.'

Olive looked at Finn now understanding why their eyes were so odd, they were a different dark being. Finn stood from his seat as Phabel entered.

'Danika, stand by the door and ensure no one enters, I want to try something.'

He waited until she was by the door, Phabel had joined them.

'Olive, I was wondering if you would like to get coffee with me later?'

Finn did his damnedest to break through the bond. Olive looked at him with curiosity, frowning at the man. She could see he was incredibly handsome, he smiled at her as something tingled in her mind. Olive glazed over him, his body was toned, it was obvious through the thin shirt and jeans. She thought that he it would be nice to explore his body but she just could not will herself to accept his offer.

'I can't, sorry. I have plans.'

Finn was pleased with her response even though it just asked more questions than it answered. He looked to Phabel who was happy with her response but as they looked at each other it became clear that there was something wrong with the whole scenario. How could Brody break through the bond when Finn couldn't? Finn was werewolf royalty, their abilities were far greater than any other werewolf.

He decided to try another tactic. After entering her mind, finding the particular memory of the phone number being passed to her, Finn decided to re-enact the scene, varying it only slightly. He grabbed a note book and ripped a piece of paper, writing a short note and a group of numbers on it to represent a phone number. Not his number, that was an unlisted number and he definitely didn't want that floating around. He knew that no one in this room would ever use it for a negative purpose but he knew it wasn't worth the risk.

'Olive, I have not been in this town before, I would like to do a tour of the sites, maybe you and your friend could show me around?'

He held out the phone number on the folded piece of paper, waiting. She took it and frowned at him, muttering her hesitant but accepting response.

'How?' Phabel glared at Finn.

'Simple. In her mind she accepts the piece of paper with the knowledge that when I am out of sight she will put it in the bin. I can assure you that she won't even look at what I wrote.'

He looked at her with a grin.

'Read it.'

Olive hesitantly opened the piece of paper and gasped, her eyes darted to Finn with fury.

'You pervert.' she hissed and then slapped him.

'Whoa Olive.' Phabel pulled her back.

Finn chuckled and returned to his seat, the slap to his cheek did little to him. Nothing more than a tingle of pain that was barely there. Danika joined them, picking up the note that had been cast away in the minor scuffle.