Chapter 28

Lucian left his guards on the other side of the door now that Finn had returned with his men. They stood by the rock face, watching it to ensure that they could control who might try to pass through. Lucian didn't know what to expect but he wasn't prepared to take the risk.

'What's wrong?'

Phabel leaned on the edge of his desk, Lucian paced the floor. Danika sighed as she sank into the wing back by the window, Olive joining her. She figured they would be here for a while.

'There is a witch that had requested Brody to find you. She ordered that your partner and in turn you be abducted, forcing your father to hand over the realm. If he refused to do so, she would force marriage on you. We have taken Brody into custody, we now wait for his word from my father. He will find out who is behind this if they are in our realm.'

'And if not?' Lucian stopped pacing.

'Well then we will have to hope that Brody will crack under the pressure of his king bearing down on his mind. He was a powerful wolf, I think there might have been some witch intervention there.'

The rock cracked with a gold line, the guards held the gun in hand, ready to take on any attacker.

'At ease men, I mean no harm.'

Phabel stood to the sound of his father, walking through with his own guards. Suddenly his large office was getting very cramped for space.

'I wasn't expecting a welcoming committee.'

The two women rose from their seats and curtsied, Lucian greeted his relative with a bow.

'Father have you heard?'

'I have, Finn sent a man to me. Apologising that he could not do it himself.' Eris grinned with a shake of his head 'You are crazy young man. I would much prefer you deal with the criminal then coming to tell me of an urgent meeting.'

'It's more than an urgent meeting.' Lorccán said from behind.

Danika rushed to her feet, gesturing for Olive to hasten to hers.

'Your highness.' she curtsied and shot a glance to Olive.

Olive followed suit, wondering who this new man was. He nodded with a smile and turned back to the gathering. Olive's eyes darted around the cramped room, there were lots of guards here now.

'That's Finn's father.' Danika whispered as she leaned closer 'King Lorccán Stiofán.'

'What did you find out?' Finn looked to his father.

'Yes, even though he knew I wanted all information, he still withheld some of it. The witches name is Delyana Montral, do you know her Eris?'

'No, should I?'

'I have no idea.' Lorccán said dryly 'She is a self appointed leader of the witches. So self appointed that she hadn't bothered to tell anyone. I have sent guards out to find her, it is confirmed that she is still in our realm.'

'Are your guards equipped to handle a witch?'

'Ordinarily, I would understand your concern but they have an add-on in their little adventure. Miranda will be with them.'

'Has she notified Godfrey?'

'Yes and he will be watching very carefully. How this plays out will affect the witch realm. I don't think he would be too impressed if one little witch decided to get delusions of grandeur and try to kill the leader of a realm. He hasn't decided on who will lead the witch realm and this will affect it greatly. Even more so if he puts it to a vote with the other dark beings.'