Friend Problems and Mum in a tracksuit?!

A/N

OK, so this chapter isn't that good, but there will be better ones and please carry on voting. I really want some more votes! And, tell your friends about the story, so I can get more reads, lol. This chapter is dedicated to angellover254 for inspiring me to write this story, after I read her's, My High School Life.

Chapter 5

Caitlin was ignoring me. We sat next to each other in so many lessons but she never talked.

"Come on, Caitlin. I didn't mean what I said. I'm sorry, it's just I don't want everyone trying to fix my problems," I told her as we we walked to our lockers.

"Your problems?! Don't you ever wonder if I have any problems? You only care about yourself. When's the last time you asked me if I was O.K?" and with that she slammed her locker and walked away.

I was stunned. What did she mean? What problems did she have? She's obviously just over-reacting. I mean, she has a great life: loving parents, who give her everything as she's an only child like me and a roof over her head. What more did she want?

Well, fine, if she wants to ignore me and be rude, I'll just stay out of her way.

I got the bus home today. Normally, Caitlin drops me off on the way to her house. I feel so miserable. I mean, Caitlin is my best friend and we're not talking. At least, when I get home, I can talk to my mum. Wait, my mum and I are still arguing. I guess I'm gonna be a loner today.

I put the keys in my door and pushed it open. The smell of home made cookies hit me straight away. My mum was home before me, for the first time in ages. I ran into the kitchen, "Mum, I'm sorry. I was so rude to you." We hugged.

"It's alright, precious. I shouldn't have complained about your fashion sense."

"Well, I was upset by that but I still shouldn't have been so rude. Wait, Mum..." I just noticed my mum was wearing a tracksuit. My mum, the ex model, Courtney Hill, was wearing a tracksuit. "Mum, why are you wearing a tracksuit?"

"Oh, well I thought that I should try wearing something 'comfy' like you. Why, does it look bad? Does it make me look fat?"

"No, nothing makes you look bad, but you don't have to change your style because of me. Besides, I prefer your silk nighties."

"Oh gosh, that's great! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get dressed. Don't eat any of my cookies, Cheryl!"

I ignored her and grabbed a cookie. My mum would never finish any of those, anyway. Her diet, or something.

I saw, out of the corner of my eye, the shopping bags my Mum got yesterday. She hadn't returned them! It wouldn't hurt to try some nice, designer clothes on for once, would it?