Running in a comp, Comfy Clothes and Humiliation

Heyy!! So, this is my second book and it's way different from my 1st one. It's not sad. It's just a fun read, I think LOL :) And yeah, on the cover, Kendall Jenner is Stella and Ariana Grande (top left pic) is what Cheryl looks like at the beginning of the story.

xxx

Chapter 1

"No! No! No! I cannot run in the 'Hey Doll' competition."

"Well, do you want to get into a good college, Cheryl?" Mrs Evans asked.

"But, but, I can't model and I'll make a fool out of myself out there!"

"Well, it's your choice. You want to go to fashion school and be a designer and you haven't done anything out of the curriculum to help you get in," and with that she flounced out of the classroom.

Oh, why does my life suck?!?! All I want to do is be a fashion designer and now, I have to enter a modelling competition. What has that even got to do with designing?

"So, what did she say?"

My best friend, Caitlin walked in. Oh my gosh, Caitlin is so pretty and she's clever. She could literally get whatever job she wanted.

"She said that I have to enter the 'Hey Blah' (my nickname for it) comp."

"OMG, that's great! Now you can show off your true beauty!"

"Yeah, if I had any, unlike you, the girl who could pull off anything."

Before she could deny it, I pulled her to go eat lunch.

Chapter 2

"You, so, totally have to do it, darling," my loving, pretty, posh but somewhat crazy mum told me, while shopping for Chanel bags, which I secretly love but could never pull off.

"Well, I kind of have to but I'm not as pretty as you and everyone's gonna laugh at me."

"Going to, not gonna, sweetheart (my mum's impeccable about grammar) and nonsense, you are beautiful, darling!"

"Well, you have to say that, you're my mum."

"But you are, however I have to admit that the way you dress is a bit, well.... strange, darling. If you just wore some flattering clothes, you would look tres adorable."

"I guess, but I like my style. It's comfy". I could see my mum sighing. I knew what she was thinking, that clothes are for fashion, not for being comfy. She's told me that way too many times. The thing is : I love designer clothes but am too scared that they would look disgusting on me, so I guess I design instead.

"Cheryl, beauty."

I ignored her.

"CHERYL!! Does this look good on me?"

I sighed. Everything looks good on my mum.

Chapter 3

The worst thing about entering 'Hey Doll' was that to enter, you have to tell the fashion design teacher in front of the whole class. I was dreading it. Stella Richie, the stereotypical popular girl is in my design class and she will, obviously enter, win and make my life even worse than she already does when she finds out I'm entering the comp.

"Hey Brain Dead, get out of my way!"

I turned around, knowing it was Stella. I must have been daydreaming at the door of the class. She had already pushed her way through me and taken her seat in the middle of the circle that we always sit in at the beginning of class.

"Miss Reynolds, MISS!!" Stella squealed.

Miss Reynolds hadn't even sat down and Stella was already screaming and everyone knew why Stella was being even more annoying than usual.

"Stella, stop shouting at me and, yes, I am going to take down the names of the applicants for 'Hey Doll'.

Stella literally screamed. I almost fell off my chair!

"So, put up your hand if you would like to take part in our competition."

Quite a few hands shot up, Stella's included, of course. When most peoples' names had been taken, I slowly put my arm up. Miss Reynolds looked at me curiously, obviously wondering why an ugly, badly dressed girl like me is entering such a prestigious competition but she then looked down, said my name out loud and then wrote it down. The whole class' eyes turned towards me and soon after I heard Stella and her group laugh uncontrollably.

"Who threatened Cheryl to enter? OMG!! She's gonna lose and fall flat on her face while modelling," Stella declared.

My face fell flat. I could picture everyone smirking and laughing at me.

"What are you gonna be wearing, your usual daily bin bags?" Stella asked.

"Settle down girls," Miss Reynolds told us, finally zoning back in. Why is it that teachers always tell everyone to stop talking after the worst of things have been said???

"Everyone go to their tables and carry on with last lesson's assignment."

I walked away from the circle of chairs, still feeling everyone's eyes bore into me.