how long will i need you?

lanie's pov

I finished my breakfast with Milo and headed up to my room to relax. I opened my door and sat on my bed, slowly laying down taking in my surroundings. I grabbed a new journal from the shelf by my desk and my guitar and sat on my bed. "Alright Lanie. You have the chords and you have the accompaniment. You just need some lyrics." I grabbed my laptop and opened my music editor and looked at the many tracks that needed lyrics. "Okay. I guess I'm just working on music today." I sighed beginning to strum my guitar as Milo walked in.
"Hey bean. What are you playing?" He asked me.
"Ugh. I'm trying to make some music for my classes just in case they ask me to play something." I said to him pouting.
"So what can I help you with?" He asked looking at the mix.
"I'm hardcore struggling with my lyrics right now." I told him.
"Can you play one of the tracks for me? We can try to make something out of it." He said. I browsed across the list and saw one that caught my eye. I played it for him and as I was watching him tap along I had an idea for what I could write. I quickly wrote all the lyrics down in my notebook and looked down at them as the song ended. "Did you have an idea?" He asked me.
"I think so. Can I sing it for you?" I asked him.
"Of course. I'll let you know what I think." He said smiling at me. I took a deep breath and looked at the journal before singing the lyrics into reality.

How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you
And longer, if I can.

How long will I need you?
As long as the seasons need to
Follow their plan.

How long will I be with you?
As long as the sea is bound to
Wash upon the sand.

How long will I want you?
As long as you want me to
And longer by far.

How long will I hold you?
As long as your father told you,
As long as you can.

How long will I give to you?
As long as I live through you
However long you say.

How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you
And longer, if I may.

We're all traveling through time together
Every day of our lives.
All we can do is do our best
To relish this remarkable ride.

"Is it too cheesy?" I asked him.
"I think it sounds perfect. It's cute." He responded. "Who is it about?" He asked.
"A special person in my life." I said smiling at him.
"Do I know this person?" He asked me.
"Oh Milo. You know him very well." I said giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks for helping me with that song." I told him.
"Okay. Well do you wanna know where we're going tomorrow for our special date?" He asked as I began putting my things away.
"Yes!! I am beyond excited." I said excitedly jumping on the bed next to him.
"Okay. I think someone has had too much coffee." He said pulling me into a cuddle.
"Maybe just a little." I giggled as he let me go.
"Okay. We are going to the happiest place on earth!" He said as I smiled in excitement.
"Oh my gosh yay! Are we going for the whole day?" I asked.
"Opening to closing baby!" He said excitedly.
"I can't wait bub!" I said kissing him on the cheek. "What ears am I going to wear?" I asked him.
"Which ears do you have? Maybe I can help you decide." He asked.
"Well, there's a lot. Let me go get them." I told him. I jumped up from my bed and walked into my closet grabbing the bin from the corner of the room. I picked it up and dumped the contents onto my bed. "Okay. Here are all the options." I said laying each one out.
"Why do you have so many?" He laughed.
"I've been collecting them since I was little!" I argued with him.
"Okay, Okay. Well, I think you should wear either the silver sequined one, the classic red polka dot bow one, or the baseball cap." He said pointing at each one.
"Okay that helps a lot." I said beginning to our each one back in the bin.
"Wait, I need to post this. This is crazy." He said grabbing his phone. He tapped on his screen and I felt a vibration coming from my pocket. I took my phone out and saw I had a new notification.