Chapter 9

"So all we gotta do is take out one of those X-Freaks, and then we can go to your space rock?" Toad asked Magneto. Leprii rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her body. Mystique had brought the group to an old building at the edge of Bayville, where they met Magneto. He told the teens about Asteroid M, and how that any mutant that bested one from the other team could join.

"If that is how your measly brain processes it, then yes."

"Does this apply to everyone, or do Pietro and Mystique get a free pass?" Lance asked, folding his arms as Leprii did.

"No." Magneto said. "It does not apply to everyone. The only person that doesn't need to prove her worth is Leprii." Everyone turned and looked at Leprii.

"Why don't I have to fight any of the X-Men?" Leprii asked. If anything, she would have thought the complete opposite.

"I know what you have been through, and you are a prime example of what I created Asteroid M for." The boys looked at her in envy, and Mystique looked annoyed. "You have two days to compete against the X-Men. Once one of you wins, you will be transported to the Asteroid. I'll see the winners there." Magneto turned and walked out of the building, leaving a group of jealous mutants with Leprii.

As the rest of the group gave her dirty looks and piled into Lance's jeep, Lance put his arm around Leprii. The two mutants were beginning to grow closer since Leprii arrived in Bayville.

"Their just jealous of you and your powers Leprii."

"And you aren't?" She rolled her eyes.

"A little," he confessed. She rolled her eyes again. "C'mon, those X-Freaks should be getting outta school soon. I think I heard Toad saying he was gonna try and take one down." Leprii laughed and joined the rest of the group in the jeep.

******

Toad came back from his attempt in a sour mood.

"How'd it go?" Pietro smirked. Todd shot him a dirty look. "Who'd ya try and fight?" he laughed again.

"Jean Grey" he mumbled. The rest of the room erupted in fits of laughter, each Brotherhood member struggling to stay upright. "Hey! Go big or go home, right?" The rest of the team still continued to laugh.

The room was quickly silenced as a series of beeps filled the room. Pietro picked up his phone and answered it.

He smiled at whatever was said. "Not for long." He turned to the rest of the group. "The X-Freaks are going somewhere. We're gonna follow them."

They all got into their uniforms and piled back into Lance's jeep. Leprii found the car the X-Men were using and the Brotherhood followed them.

As they neared a beach, Lance used his powers to destroy the road, making the van in front of them almost veer off the road. Lance rammed the front of the car into the back of theirs multiple times, and continued to destroy the road. The X-men fought back and Evan threw spikes at the car.

"Lance watch out!" Leprii warned as Lance swerved to avoid the projectiles.

"Now Avalanche!" Pietro shouted as Lance made a group of boulders fall onto the street, causing the veer off the road again and run into Blob. He lifted the van up and dumped the teens out, as Lance caused the sand to swallow them.

"Hey man. That didn't take too long at all!" Toad said as they looked at the sand.

Suddenly, both him and Lance were tackled to the ground by Rogue and Kurt. Leprii watched in surprise with Pietro and Fred, as Kitty and Evan appeared above the sand.

"Time to prove yourself, Evan," Pietro said as he shoved Evan to the ground.

"And you're staying behind!" Fred yelled as he tackled Kitty. She phased through him, but then passed out on the sand. Leprii jumped up onto the hood of the jeep to watch the ensuing fight without getting involved.

Lance made another rock formation that Kurt teleported onto break. Kurt tried to teleport away, but caught some rocks with him as he fell.

"I gotcha beat and you know it, Evan," Pietro taunted as he ran circles around Evan. He shot spikes at Pietro, but they all missed. "And I always speed to the top." He had trapped Evan under the sand, and was now towering over him.

Leprii looked over at the overturned van as Toad attempted to grab Rogue with his tongue. He failed, yet again, and Rogue shut his tongue in the door. His face slammed into the van door. Rogue was about to absorb his memories and powers when Leprii stepped in.

"Relax Rogue," she started, putting her hand on Rogue's shoulder. "It's over." Rogue looked at the group.

"Here comes your reward," Blob said as he pointed up at five metal spheres coming down to the beach. When they set down, each mutant climbed into a sphere. Leprii lit up her hand with sparks to see inside the dark sphere, and she felt it pick up and fly away.

* * * * * *

Ummmmm.... can we talk about how this story is 106 out of 800-some-number-I-can't-remember???
Like, this hasn't even been up for a week and it's already above the halfway mark???

Thanks for reading!