Chapter 2

When Leprii woke up, she felt a rush of strength as her powers started to go haywire. The car’s motor stopped and spurred as everything started to lose power around her. Street lamps dimmed, and traffic lights blinked every color at once. Then, it all stopped as Leprii felt a needle push into her skin, causing her to calm down.

    “Impressive. Very impressive.” Leprii heard the man say. “Now, let us hurry before Xavier’s team shows up.”

    She looked out the window and saw that everything around them had blacked out, and that the car was the only thing working.

    “D-did I do that?” Leprii gasped.

    “Yes,” replied the man. “I’m afraid that we did not formally introduce ourselves. This is Mystique,” he said pointing to the blue woman driving the car. “And I’m Magneto.”

    “Leprii.” She tried to remember what her last name was. “Leprii Kolete.”

    The rest of the ride was in silence. The car stopped at one point in an alley to let Magneto leave. That was it. After the alley, it only took another hour to get to their destination: a beat up looking house. The sign in front of the house said: The Brotherhood of Bayville Boarding House.

    The car pulled into the driveway and Leprii stepped out of the car. She followed Mystique into the house, which looked worse on the inside than it did on the outside. There were two boys wrestling on the floor, one was immensely overweight, and the other was a sickly-looking scrawny kid. Another one was watching TV in the corner.

    “What are you idiots doing in here?” Mystique yelled at them. “And where is Pietro?”

    “I dunno. Upstairs maybe?” answered the scrawny boy. He and the other boy had stopped fighting, but the other one was still watching TV. Leprii’s powers had came back after being injected with the needle, so she decided to test them out. She focused on the TV, and it shut off.

    “Hey!” he yelled. “What happened to the TV?”

    Mystique looked at Leprii, and for a second she thought she was going to be punished for using her powers, but Mystique smiled and said, “Maybe if you all were paying attention, you would have noticed our new guest.”

    “New guest?” questioned a boy as he immediately appeared in front of Mystique. He had white hair, and spoke fast.

    “What were you doing Pietro?” she snapped.

    “Stuff.”

    She narrowed her yellow eyes at him. “As I was saying, I would like you to meet the newest member of the team, Leprii.” She shoved her forward. The group of boys looked at her.

    “What are your powers, babycakes?” the scrawny boy flirted.

    Leprii kicked his leg from underneath him, and grabbed his shirt as he fell. “Don’t call me that. Ever again.” She let go of his shirt and he fell to the floor. The lights and TV began to flicker on and off in the house.

“Woah. That’ll definitely help us against the X-Freaks!” said the boy that was watching TV.

“The who?” Leprii questioned.

    “The X-Men. A goody-two-shoes gang who wanna help the humans,” he snickered.

    “Leprii, follow me to your new room,” Mystique ordered. She handed Leprii a duffel bag and led her up the stairs to an empty room.

    “What’s in the bag?” Leprii asked.

    “Open it.”

    Leprii did as she was told and found clothes and toiletries inside. Mystique left the room and Leprii looked around for a bathroom so she could shower.

    She found one down the hallway. It smelled, but it was relatively clean. She washed years of dirt and grime off her body. When she got out, she noticed that her waist-length hair was very knotted at the bottom. She found a pair of scissors in on of the bathroom drawers, and cut it to a more manageable length, at her shoulders. It didn’t look like an expert did it, but it would suffice.

    She could also clearly see her skin tone, which was still very pale. Her ribcage was very noticeable, along with her jawbones, and other bones along her arms and legs. She hoped that with being able to eat regularly now, she would gain back enough weight to look healthy.

--------

    A loud BANG woke Leprii up from her light sleep. She slowly opened her eyes as a swarm of guards grabbed her off her small cot.

    They clipped the inhibitor collar onto the young girl and proceeded to drag her through the dark hallways from her cell to an open room.

    The guard that was holding her threw her onto the ground, and the rest of them left. The lights were blinding white, and Leprii covered her eyes as they adjusted to the harsh lighting.

    Soon, she heard a door open and close and looked for the source of it. Through a window, she saw a man and a woman had walked into the adjoining room, each of them holding a clipboard. The woman was also holding remote. Leprii stiffened when she realized it controlled her collar.

    The woman pressed a button and Leprii felt her powers rush back. She felt all of the electricity in the room, and felt how it pushed through the wires and cables throughout the hallway as well.

    “Don’t think about doing anything stupid, mutant,” the woman growled. “I still control your collar.” Leprii shook her head in acknowledgement, and tried to control her breathing.

    “Use your powers to disable the robots when I say go,” the man said. “Then, wait for further instructions.”

    She looked around the room for the robots, and watched part of the wall move away to reveal 10 or so robots. Leprii looked between the two people behind the glass and the robots nervously, waiting for her instructions.

    “Go.”

    Seeing a possible chance, Leprii used her abilities to short-circuit as much of the compound as she could reach. She ran out of the door amid the chaos and ran as fast as she could down the hallway.

    Multiple shouts and screams could be heard throughout the rooms she ran past, but the little girl didn’t care, all she wanted to do was get out. Reaching a dead end in one hallway, she quickly turned around and tried to find another exit.

    “There she is!” Leprii’s heart jumped at the voice, and she looked around, trying to find some way to get out. Lights shined bright in her eyes and she screamed as a painful shock emitted from the collar she forgot about.

    As she layed on the floor, writhing in pain, she watched the man from the room walk to the front of the crowd.

    A sharp pain came from her side as he kicked her stomach.

    “Maybe that will teach you a lesson, filthy mutant.”

* * * * * *

Hello!

The first chapter was really short so I decided to post the second one as well.
Still getting the hang of doing these authors notes, so bear with me 😂

Thank you!