Chapter 4

I know that these first few chapters have all gone up in the span of 24-hours, but I've already finished this book and I just want to publish it sooooooooo.................

* * * * * * 

Leprii had started to get over the noise of the school by the time lunch rolled around, which was good because the cafeteria was ten times louder than any of the classrooms. She looked around the cafeteria for somewhere to sit when she spotted Kitty waving at her to come over. Leprii walked over to her table.

As she sat down, Kitty started to introduce her to the table.

"Hey guys, this is Leprii."

"Hi Leprii," waved the girl next to her. "I'm Jean. This is Scott," she said, pointing to the boy next to her. "This is Rouge," she pointed to the girl across the table. "Evan, and Kurt," she finished as she pointed to the last two boys.

"Hi," they all chorused.

"So Leprii," Kurt started, "how do you like it here in Bayville so far?" A German accent was very prominent in his speech. He sounded like the people from the lab.

She was about to answer when someone interrupted her.

"Hey Leprii, what are you doing sitting with the X-Freaks?" Lance sneered. Leprii turned around in her seat and saw the rest of the boys behind him.

"Wait, you're with them?" Scott questioned angrily.

"Yeah, she's with us. Something wrong with that, Summers?" Pietro shot back.

"C'mon, let's get you outta here, Leprii. You don't wanna hang out with these losers," Lance told her as he steered her towards their table. Leprii looked back at Kitty's table and saw all of them giving her dirty looks, except Kitty, who looked more hurt than anything.

"What were you thinking?" Pietro yelled at her as soon as they sat down.

"You guys weren't here, what would you've wanted me to do?" she asked sarcastically.

"Oh, I don't know, wait for us?" he snapped back.

She and Pietro stared each other down until Lance waved his hand in between their faces.

"Leprii, quit it, you're gonna short-circuit the whole school!" he yelled.

Leprii looked around the cafeteria and saw the lights were flickering on and off. "I'm trying. I can't get it to stop," she said, still struggling to gain control on her powers.

"Well try harder, we got people staring," Todd warned, nodding his head towards Kitty's table. Leprii looked over and saw that Kitty's whole table was staring at her. She kept trying to stop her powers, but the entire school's' power went out. Everything went dark.

Leprii heard shrieks and screams coming from around the cafeteria.

"Let's get you to Mystique. C'mon," Lance said, helping Leprii get up from the table. "Woah, Leprii. Your eyes," he said as they left the cafeteria.

"What about my eyes?" she scowled.

"They're blue!"

"What are you talking about? My eyes are brown. They've always been brown."

"Well right now they're bright blue."

"That's not possible. My eyes have stayed the same my entire life."

"What is going on here?" came a new voice. Leprii looked over and saw a tall woman with short brown hair coming towards them. She assumed that was Mystique, because the boys stopped. "What happened to the lights?"

"Leprii lost control of her powers," Pietro said.

"Which was your fault!" Leprii retorted.

"No it wasn't!" he shouted back.

"You wanna do this again?" she tempted.

"ENOUGH!" Mystique yelled. She turned to Leprii. "Leprii, you have to control your powers, even when these buffoons irritate you."

"Hey!" the boys shouted all together.

"It's true," Leprii said.

Mystique looked at Leprii in confusion. "Don't you have brown eyes?" she asked.

"I don't know what happened. One minute they're brown, the next they're blue. It might be something to do with my powers, but I don't know."

"Anyways," Mystique turned to the rest of them. "I've arranged for you five to go to Ironback Survival Camp. Since you have no way to train, this should help."

"Survival Camp? I've had my fair share of survival," Leprii complained.

"Yeah, c'mon Mystique, I'm perfectly in shape!" Todd bluffed. Pietro elbowed him in the ribs and the others chuckled as he fell over.

"No exceptions. You leave in the morning." Mystique turned around and walked down the hallway.

Just as she was out of sight, the lights came back on.

"Leprii, did you do that?" Todd asked as they walked back to the Cafeteria.

"No, they must'a figured out how to fix it," Leprii grumbled as the group headed back to their classes.